International Boxing Hall of Fame week gave boxing fans an interesting card in Verona, New York headlined by Zab Judah's in-ring return.
The former undisputed welterweight champion faced rising contender Cletus Seldin on a Star Boxing-promoted card from Verona, New York for the NABA junior welterweight title.
Seldin dominated the fight with a gameplan of relentlessly attacking Judah's body with no remorse. Seldin took the fight to the inside almost from the start as Judah mainly tried to move away from danger, was overly cautious and did not let his hands go for several rounds. The younger Seldin hurt Judah with a right hook in the 11th round and then proceeded to hit a combination while Judah was on the ropes, forcing the referee to step in and stop the fight. This was Seldin's third consecutive win, improving his pro record to 24-1.
But that wasn't the only noteworthy fight on the card. Below are the results for the June 7 Star Boxing card from the Turning Stone Resort in Verona, New York:
- Cletus Seldin defeated Zab Judah by TKO, round 11, 1:40 to win the NABA junior welterweight title
- James McGirt Jr. and David Papot fight to a split draw (114-114, 117-111 for Papot, 115-113 for McGirt)
- Lavisas Williams defeated Mario Alfano by unanimous decision (78-74, 78-74, 77-75)
- Wendy Toussaint defeated Lucius Jackson by unanimous decision (60-54, 60-54, 60-54)
- Boubacar Sylla defeated Marquis Hawthorne by unanimous decision (58-56, 58-56, 59-55)
- Eric Abraham defeated Alex Vanesse by KO, round 3
- Roberto Duran Jr. defeated Jonathan Pierre by split decision (39-37, 37-39, 39-37)