Former WWE star The Warlord revealed that TNA, at one point, was interested in signing the late Kimbo Slice.
The Warlord was at The Roman Show at the annual Legends of Wrestling show at Marlins Park on August 27 and revealed that TNA was interested in speaking with Kimbo about possibly signing him.
"TNA had asked me if Kimbo would come and talk to him and train him in pro wrestling," Warlord said. "I think Kimbo would have done fine. He had a character already. As far as wrestling that would fall in to place."
Warlord spoke highly of the former Bellator mixed martial artist as a person and said that his punching power was very impressive to watch. The Warlord also talked about being a bodyguard for Slice and 50 Cent.
"Kimbo was an incredible guy," Warlord said. "He was a great family man, very quiet. But let me tell you I heard him punching those bags and heard the pop, to me that impressed me. He was one of the hardest punchers. 50 [Cent] was a super guy. He didn't drink or smoke. He would take care of himself... [he] was a very good man."
Slice passed away on June 6 at the age of 42 due to heart failure. His last MMA fight was a no contest against Dada 5000 at Bellator 149 back in February earlier this year. Credit to Wrestlinginc.com for transcribing what The Warlord had to say about Slice.