Your U.K. Boxing Fight-size update for December 18!
- British middleweight champion Tommy Langford will defend his title against Jack Arnfield in Blackpool on February 10 after promoter Steve Wood won the purse bid. As for who the winner will have to face next, Mark Heffron and Liam Cameron have been ordered to fight in a final eliminator. That fight has been ordered to go through purse bids and the fight must take place by the end of April.
- According to a recent news notice by the British Boxing Board of Control, Ted Cheeseman has withdrawn from a vacant British super welterweight title fight against James Metcalf. Joe Pigford has been ordered to fight Asinia Byfield in an official eliminator.
- After starting his pro career with an impressive 6-0 record, Daniel Dubois had a chance to fight for the vacant English heavyweight title. The BBBofC revealed Dubois has withdrawn from a fight against Nick Webb for the title. Webb has now been ordered to fight WBC international Silver champion Nathan Gorman.
- Ryan Walsh will defend his British featherweight title against Isaac Lowe on February 17 at the Manchester Arena. That fight will be a part of the undercard to the World Boxing Super Series super middleweight semifinal and WBA/IBO unification bout between George Groves and Chris Eubank Jr.
- Former unified junior welterweight champion Amir Khan recently said he would like to return to the ring next March. No opponent, date or venue has been discussed for a Khan return.
- Despite an incredibly successful 2017 that saw him defeat Wladimir Klitschko and unify the WBA and IBF heavyweight titles, Anthony Joshua missed out on winning the BBC Sports Personality of 2017 award. Joshua placed fourth in voting after many tabbed the boxer to be the favorite.