While Maurice Hooker and Jose Ramirez had their junior welterweight title unification on DAZN, the WBA was busy crowning a new interim titleholder at 140 pounds.
Deep in the Caribbean, the WBA organized a special boxing card, aimed at raising awareness for drug abuse, that featured more than half a dozen WBA title fights, most of them regional title bouts. The main event saw Alberto Puello win a narrow unanimous decision against Jonathan Alonso to become the new interim titleholder.
While Puello may hold the interim title, the organization's true champion at that weight class, Regis Prograis, is not injured and currently preparing for a unification fight against IBF champion Josh Taylor in the fall. Despite there already being a "Super" champion at 140 pounds and now an interim champion, the WBA is looking to add yet another titleholder at that weight class. The sanctioning body has the "Regular" classified as vacant and it has been previously reported that a fight has been set to crown a new secondary titlist.
Below are the full results of the WBA title fights taking place on the show, which took place at the Coliseo Carlos 'Teo' Cruz in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic:
- Alberto Puello defeated Jonathan Alonso by unanimous decision to win the interim WBA junior welterweight title
- Hector Luis Garcia defeated Anvar Yunusov to win the WBA Fedelatin featherweight title
- Bryan Medina defeated Ivan Matute to win the WBA Fedecaribe junior middleweight title
- Giovanny Gutierrez defeated William Encarnacion by KO, round 4 to win the WBA Fedecaribe super bantamweight title
- Jackson Marinez defeated Kenin Betancourt to win the WBA Fedelatin lightweight title
- Abigail Soto defeated Cristian Galvez by unanimous decision to win the WBA Fedecaribe heavyweight title
- Frency Fortunato Saya defeated Edinso Torres Jr. by TKO, round 2 to win the WBA Fedecentro featherweight title