The last of the semifinal fights for the World Boxing Super Series' second season has been revealed.
The tournament announced that the cruiserweight semifinal bout between Yunier Dorticos and Andrew Tabiti will take place on June 15 in Riga, Latvia. The fight will serve as the co-main event to the other cruiserweight semifinal, a showdown between Mairis Briedis and Krzysztof Glowacki.
Tabiti, the lone American cruiserweight currently in the tournament, won his quarterfinal bout against Ruslan Fayfer in Russia last year. Dorticos, a former WBA champion, competed in the first cruiserweight tournament where he also advanced to the semifinals but lost to Murat Gassiev in February 2018. Dorticos advanced to this season's semifinals with a win over Mateusz Masternak this past October.
With the announcement of Dorticos vs. Tabiti, all six fights across the three tournaments have a date and venue. Here is the complete semifinal schedule for the second season of the World Boxing Super Series:
April 27 at a venue to be announced in the United States:
- Regis Prograis vs. Kiryl Relikh: WBA Junior Welterweight Title/WBSS Junior Welterweight Semifinal
- Nonito Donaire vs. Zolani Tete: WBA "Super" and WBO Bantamweight Title Unification/WBSS Bantamweight Semifinal
May 18 at the SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland:
- Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk: IBF Junior Welterweight Title/WBSS Junior Welterweight Semifinal
- Naoya Inoue vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez: WBA "Regular" and IBF Bantamweight Title Unification/WBSS Bantamweight Semifinal
June 15 at the Riga Arena in Riga, Latvia:
- Mairis Briedis vs. Krzysztof Glowacki: Interim WBO Cruiserweight Title/WBSS Cruiserweight Semifinal
- Yunier Dorticos vs. Andrew Tabiti: WBSS Cruiserweight Semifinal
All six fights will be streamed on DAZN in the United States and Canada as part of a broadcast deal between the streaming platform and the World Boxing Super Series.