Wladimir Klitschko Fighting After Tyson Fury Rematch, Win Or Lose

Former heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko is not thinking about retirement no matter what happens in his rematch against Tyson Fury on October 29.

Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente spoke to Boxing News and emphasized that the 40-year-old plans to fight beyond his rematch.

Video: Rise Of Ciryl Gane | UFC Vegas 20

“We are not making any plans for after this fight,” Boente said. "Wladimir will definitely go on and fight next year but we haven’t made any plans regarding opponents or anything, we are 100 percent focusing on this fight and that’s it, but this will definitely not be his last fight.”

The rematch against Fury is only the first of five fights in Klitschko's television deal with German broadcasters RTL, but Boente said that the television is not the reason why Klitschko is fighting after October 29.

“Regardless of that [TV] deal – he’s not forced to have all of the fights on it – he will fight on,” Boente said. "We have the deal in place, but he likes to fight and as long as he puts in a good performance he’ll fight on. He will definitely not fight on for the next five years but he likes to fight, he still feels good and as long as his body is OK and his health, everything is fine. As I said before, we’re not making any plans about future opponents etc, the future is on October 29 in Manchester.”

Klitschko lost his WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO, The Ring, and lineal heavyweight titles last year against Fury. Before the loss, Klitschko dominated the heavyweight division, along with his brother Vitali, for a decade.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web