Triple H and Shawn Michaels speak to media after night 1 of NXT Takeover: Stand & Deliver
To directly support us and our continuing breaking news, interviews, and the like, subscribe to FightfulSelect.com. You'll get exclusive news sent to you directly before anyone else, and dozens of podcasts monthly including Alex Pawlowski's Sour Graps, Sean Ross Sapp's Q&A, Retro Reviews and more
- Grinnin' Gary Cassidy is up first and asks Triple H why Raquel was their call to dethrone Io Shirai. HHH puts over Shirai's reign and says the right woman at the right time in Raquel. Her presence makes it clear she's a star.
- Triple H says if Io Shirai wants to take time off or wants to go right back at Raquel, she's earned the right. HHH says NXT talent is dominant, then there's a bump in the road and people assume they're leaving, and that doesn't happen anywhere else.
- HBK says NXT has the deepest, best women's division in the world. He doesn't see why Io would go anywhere else.
- "Everybody wants to face Walter until they get chopped" - Triple H
- Triple H says Walter is headed back home, but he wants Walter to come back sometime. Shawn Michaels loves how loyal Walter is to NXT UK.
- Triple H says if Walter wants, he can stay in the UK and work and come do NXT in the USA at the same time if he wants, noting it's a 7 hour flight.
- Triple H says he considers Sara Amato maybe the best producer in the world.
- Shawn Michaels says the varying producer styles makes the wrestlers more well rounded.
- Triple H reiterates that he didn't bring up any other companies at last week's talent meeting and said that he just wanted to provide info to the talent. Shawn Michaels says he didn't speak at the meeting and tries to talk as little as possible at them.
- Michaels says the staredown between himself and Cole got him giddy and excited, and says it would have been great 15 years ago.