IBF featherweight titleholder Lee Selby's purse bid against mandatory challenger Jonathan Victor Barros has been made.
The purse bid, which took place on April 13, was won by TGB Promotions' Tom Brown, a promoter closely associated with Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions, with a winning bid of $601,000. Brown's bid barely beat out Barros promoter K.O. International's, who was the only other bidder, bid of $600,000.
While the date and the venue is yet to be determined, the purses are now determined. Selby, as the champion, would get 75 percent of the winning bid, which is $450,750, and Barros would get the remaining 25 percent ($150,250).
Selby has held the IBF title since 2015, when he defeated Evgeny Gradovich via technical decision. Selby is on a 20-fight win streak, having lost only once in his career back in 2009. He defeated Andoni Gago in his last fight when he stopped Gago in the ninth round of the fight.
Barros, a former IBF Latino featherweight champion, has won his last seven fights after suffering consecutive losses to Juan Carlos Salgado and Mikey Garcia in 2012.
The two were supposed to have fought on the undercard of Carl Frampton vs. Leo Santa Cruz 2 back in January, but the fight was called off the day before the fight due to Barros not meeting, what the Nevada Athletic Commission said, their requirements.
View the discussion thread.