Srisaket Sor Rungvisai: "Chocolatito" Shouldn't Retire

WBC super flyweight Srisaket Sor Rungvisai thinks that Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez should continue fighting and would be all in for a third match against Chocolatito.

During the 55th annual WBC convention in Baku, Azerbaijan, Sor Rungvisai said he still believes Chocolatito should continue to fight and not call it a career. Sor Rungvisai said he would not be against fighting Chocolatito a third time, but said he is confident he would come out on top again.

"I still think Chocolatito is number one pound for pound," Sor Rungvisai said. "I think he should come back and fight. I think he's still got it. I would like to meet him again and I will win again!”

Sor Rungvisai rose to stardom after winning a controversial first fight  via majority decision back in March, winning the WBC title. The organization ordered a rematch and the two main evented an HBO-televised card in California, knocking out Chocolatito in just four rounds to retain the title. The two losses were Chocolatito's first professional losses after he won his first 46 fights and world titles at four different weight classes (minimumweight, light flyweight, flyweight, super flyweight).

Chocolatito has been linked to a possible fight with WBA super flyweight champion Kal Yafai. Yafai told Fightful earlier this year he wanted Chocolatito should he had won the rematch against Sor Rungvisai, but Yafai also added that he would look at other world champions in the division to unify titles if Chocolatito lost. Yafai is defending his title against Sho Ichida on the Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev card on October 28.

Around The Web