We finally have an explanation regarding the WWE Draft, which begins Friday on SmackDown.
WWE issued a press release announcing the 2020 WWE Draft will follow the rules of the 2019 WWE Draft with superstars being placed into a pool, Raw getting three picks to SmackDown's two, and teams being picked together. Any superstar not drafted will enter free agency.
- Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.
- More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.
- Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.
- Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.
Friday Pool (SmackDown, October 9)
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Monday Pool (Raw, October 12)
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
The Miz & John Morrison
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Fightful will have live coverage of the WWE Draft beginning at 8 p.m. ET on Friday.
- From The Web