The following is an excerpt from our upcoming Pro Wrestling Youtube roundup for 2020 that takes a look at top videos from each company's 2020 year. Only original content that came from the year 2020, typically on first-run programming is considered.
AEW actually had a full year to post content, and it immediately became number 2 in that space in the wrestling world on Youtube. The company had five 2020 videos that outdrew everything they did on Youtube in 2019, and all of the 30 videos below would have been enough to land in their top 8 last year.
Three distinct draws stand out. Jon Moxley above all else was the most consistent, but Orange Cassidy has actually been by far the biggest Youtube hit for AEW. Of AEW's top ten videos of all time on their channel, four of them include Orange Cassidy throwing a very light kick, and he became the first to eclipse 10M views besides a Moxley/Kenny Omega clip, and a "feel good" clip that actually bears Cassidy's name. In all, 7 of the top 24 videos for AEW's year have an Orange Cassidy influence.
A dozen of the top 30 include Jon Moxley, who has long been a major Youtube draw across AEW, NJPW and WWE. His feud with Chris Jericho and the Inner Circle stable ended up garnering huge numbers for AEW relatively speaking. Jericho, Inner Circle, Moxley and Cassidy's interactions also all routinely land on the list, displaying that these aren't coincidences.
Debuts were also big for AEW, with Sting, Miro and Matt Hardy
- Orange Cassidy tries at AEW Revolution (12.6M)
- Inner Circle attacks Jon Moxley at Bash at the Beach (9.1M)
- Orange Cassidy faces off with Luchasaurus (7.8M)
- Mike Tyson in AEW (7.3M)
- Moxley strikes back on Inncer Circle (6.2M)
- Jon Moxley turns down Inner Circle (4.8M)
- Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy face off (4.6M)
- Jon Moxley comes after Chris Jericho in Cleveland (3.7M)
- Chris Jericho AEW Revolution entrance (3M)
- Sting AEW Debut (2.7M)
- Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho highlights (2.7M)
- Jon Moxley blinded (2.6M)
- Jon Moxley determined to face PAC (2.4M)
- Matt Hardy AEW debut (2.3M)
- Chris Jericho promo on Jon Moxley (2.3M)
- Darby Allin vs. Jon Moxley highlights (2.1M)
- Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho's first face off (2M)
- Miro's AEW debut (2M)
- Orange Cassidy and the Dark Order (1.9M)
- Orange Cassidy vs. Serpentico on AEW Dark (1.8M)
- Sammy Guevara busts open Matt Hardy (1.8M)
- Jon Moxley vs.Jake Hager (1.7M)
- AEW fans sing Judas on the Cruise (1.7M)
- TH2 vs. Best Friends (Orange Cassidy Thumbnail) (1.7M)
- Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb (1.7M)
- Cody lashed by MJF (1.6M)
- Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho face off (1.6M)
- Jon Moxley vs. Brian Cage (1.4M)
- Jon Moxley vs. Pac top contender match (1.4M)
- Moxley responds to Taz (1.3M)
Many of the views came in after the new year, but it should be noted that several Brodie Lee tribute show videos ended up surpassing 3M views each.
In addition to AEW's channel, TNT posted a few videos that gained good traction. No surprise, Orange Cassidy is among those, as are Moxley and Jericho.
- Orange Cassidy interferes in Jon Moxley vs. Trent match (2.5M)
- Orange Cassidy and Rey Fenix (2.2M)
- Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley's weigh in (1.7M)
When using information or aggregating this list, please credit Fightful and link back to this page.