Here's your fight-size update for the morning of December 7, 2020:
- In the video at the top of the page, AEW shared footage of the December 2 episode of AEW Dynamite that took place after the show went off the air.
- DDP and Anthony Bowens will appear on WrestlePro Alaska's April 2021 show with Bowens taking on Deonn Rusman in a WresltePro Gold title unification.
After a year in the making Wasilla’s own WrestlePro Interim Gold Champion “Iceberg” Deonn Rusman will finally have a title unification match with WrestlePro Gold Champion “The Five Tool Player” Anthony Bowens!— -------------------- (@WrestlePro) December 7, 2020
DDP will present the title to the winner! pic.twitter.com/Mk4r3lz3lr
- WWE stock opened at $44.50 per share when the stock market opened this morning.
- There is one match in the Super J-Cup show NJPW has on December 12 that is not a tournament match: Ren Narita & Karl Fredericks vs. Hikuleo & KENTA.
- The December 3 broadcast of "Miz & Mrs" averaged 503,000 viewers and drew a 0.14 rating in the 18-49 demographic, which is 47th best on cable for the day.
- Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi have won AJPW's Real World Tag League tournament.
- RevPro announced that Epic Encounters 7 will take place on December 27.
- T-Bar wonders where the RETRIBUTION reinforcement went during NXT TakeOver: WarGames when a number of masked assailants interfered on Johnny Gargano's behalf during his North American title match.
Yeah I was wondering where all of our RETRIBUTION reinforcements went. I guess Gargano stole them to celebrate Halloween or whatever.— T-BAR (@TBARRetribution) December 7, 2020
"It’s the attitude era man. Everything goes. The more coarse the better, at times, at least it would seem that way. So yeah, it was, this is that part… you and I were talking about your friend Shuli of the Howard Stern show who now lives in Huntsville.. I think a lot of the boldness of the Howard Stern show, was largely an impetus of kicking off the attitude era. And I think Howard’s creativity, and his staffs creativity and creating all these characters and these oddities, and freaks of nature.. ya know, all these.. ya know the wack pack.. I think it kinda bled over into the early stages of the attitude era."
And then once the attitude era started getting over, and people liked that R rated pro wrestling, then uh you just took it from there. But I think Howard Stern’s influence, his shows creativity, the oddities and so forth and so on, was a big part of what we were doing in that glory years.”
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.