Alex Hammerstone will go to war with The Calling at MLW War Chamber 2023.
In recent weeks, The Calling (Raven, AKIRA, and Rickey Shane Page) have targeted MLW World Heavyweight Champion Alex Hammerstone. The group attacked him after his successful title defense against Jacob Fatu on the March 21 episode of MLW Underground.
On the March 28 episode of MLW Underground, Hammerstone declared war and challenged the faction to face him in a War Chamber match. Later in the show, Hammerstone agreed to team up with the Second Gear Crew (Mance Warner, 1 Called Manders, and Matthew Justice). MLW subsequently confirmed the match for MLW War Chamber on April 6.
The card is an MLW TV taping, airing nationwide in the US and in over 60 countries around the world.
Alex Hammerstone declared war on The Calling on this week’s UNDERGROUND and is war is what MLW gets in New York City next Thursday.
For the first-time ever New York City will host the WAR CHAMBER!
The World Heavyweight Champion has linked up with the most dangerous pack of highwaymen in the sport: the Second Gear Crew’s Mance Warner, 1 Called Manders and Matthew Justice. As seen on last night’s UNDERGROUND, Hammerstone recruited the SGC over beers.
With Mance Warner already having fresh and bloody history with The Calling on MLW UNDERGROUND, the “Southern Psychopath” was itching for another brawl with Rickey Shane Page and the rest of The Calling.
Since last summer, The Calling have plagued MLW. Shrouded in mystery, a who’s who on the roster were decimated and left beaten and unable to compete in MLW. With their bodies littered with a black calling card, the attackers would finally be revealed as “The Human Slaughterhouse” Rickey Shane Page, Raven, “The Death Fighter” AKIRA and several still to be identified assailants.
What is the WAR CHAMBER?
Locked in a carbon steel chamber with the perimeter of the top fortified with barbed wire, two teams of four will clash in combat that only the War Chamber can contain.
The rules of the War Chamber:
- A coin toss determines which team enters first.
- 1-on-1 for 5:00 in stage 1 of the War Chamber.
- The winner of coin toss comes out for 2-on-1.
- Alternating teams have wrestlers enter every 2 minutes.
- Once all combatants are in the War Chamber, victory is won by submission, surrender or pinfall.
Who will be victorious in the War Chamber?
Find out Thursday, April 6th in NYC at MLW War Chamber’23.
The updated lineup for MLW War Chamber is below.
MLW War Chamber (4/6)
- War Chamber: Alex Hammerstone and Second Gear Crew (Mance Warner, 1 Called Manders & Matthew Justice) vs. The Calling (Raven, AKIRA, Rickey Shane Page & TBA)
- MLW National Openweight Championship: John Hennigan (c) vs. Jacob Fatu
- MLW Women’s World Featherweight Championship: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Delmi Exo
- Willie Mack vs. Real1
- MLW World Middleweight Championship: Lince Dorado (c) vs. Lio Rush
- Alex Kane vs. Shigehiro Irie
- 2023 Opera Cup: Stage 1: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Calvin Tankman
- 2023 Opera Cup: Stage 1: “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams vs. Tony Deppen
- Billie Starkz vs. B3CCA
- Mandy León vs. Clara Carreras
- Microman vs. Beastman
Catch up on past MLW shows and other events using Fightful's results section.