Here is your post-Monday Night Raw fight size update for Monday, January 10, 2022
- Alexa Bliss kicked off her road to recovery with a therapy session this week. Reliving the trauma of Charlotte Flair’s dissection of Lilly, Bliss has a long way to go.
- In the opening segment of the show, Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar had their first-ever direct promo against one another. Bobby Lashley accused Brock Lesnar of ducking him for twenty years and Lesnar simply said that Bobby Lashley is a Brock Lesnar wannabe.
A @BrockLesnar wannabe? @fightbobby doesn't think so, and he just showed @Sheltyb803 & @CedricAlexander what being #TheAllMighty is all about.#WWERaw @The305MVP @HeymanHustle pic.twitter.com/Xe4MmXNg2V— WWE (@WWE) January 11, 2022
- Bobby Lashley responded to this by once again breaking up The Hurt Business, attacking Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander.
- Grayson Waller who will face AJ Styles tomorrow night on NXT attacked AJ Styles tonight in his match against Austin Theory.
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins might just be destined to do this forever.
As two of the most accomplished Superstars in WWE, The Head of the Table and The Visionary have spent the better part of a decade sharing the squared circle as allies and adversaries.
Nevertheless, their title showdown at the Royal Rumble event on Saturday, Jan. 29, will be their first collision since October 2019 on an edition of SmackDown, and it will also represent the first time that they’ll be waging war for the Universal Championship in a singles match.
Rollins, in fact, has been hovering around the Universal Title picture for nearly a year, lobbying unsuccessfully (until now) for a one-on-one title match against his former friend. After heading to Monday Night Raw in the 2021 WWE Draft, it seemed like their showdown might never happen. That all changed, however, when WWE Official Adam Pearce was tasked with naming an opponent for the Universal Title for the Jan. 29 Premium Live Event. Arriving at Reigns' locker room door with a knock that strongly resembled the classic Shield entrance music, Rollins came face-to-face with his former brother-in-arms and let out a maniacal laugh. And the rest, as they say, is history.
The Big Dog’s track record speaks for itself, as challenger after challenger has fallen at his feet, including Brock Lesnar, Finn Bálor, John Cena, Edge, Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio, Cesaro and more. Can he overcome by the Superstar who knows him better than anyone else?
What will happen when the former partners throw down for the Universal Title? Tune in to the Royal Rumble event, streaming live Saturday, Jan. 29 at 8E/5P exclusively on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else!
- The following WWE Main Event matches were taped in Philadelphia to air on this Thursday’s Hulu-exclusive episode:
* Tommaso Ciampa def. T-BAR
* Pete Dunne def. Akira Tozawa
- Reggie was on the wrong side of Omos this week. Later in the show, Omos manhandled local talent, Nick Sanders.
- There were new WWE Raw Tag Team Champions crowned this week. Learn more here.
- Nikki A.S.H has continued her delusions of grandeur after turning her back on Rhea Ripley.
- Maryse seems to be blatantly afraid of Beth Phoenix.