Here is your fight size update for Thursday, September 16, 2021.
- Andrew Yang, a former Democratic presidential candidate, recently tweeted that he was still looking to fight for independent contractors. In a follow-up tweet, it appears he Bolieves.
Early returns are positive.— Andrew Yang-------- (@AndrewYang) September 16, 2021
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Jim Ross opened up about the infamous Plane Ride From Hell which will be the subject of an upcoming episode of Dark Side of the Ring.
“There was just such a lack of respect on the flight,” says Ross, who at the time was WWE’s head of talent relations. “We made significant changes because of it. Guys lost their jobs and it hurt people’s reputations. They acted so wrong. We couldn’t do business with people like that, and we rebuilt our locker room after that.”
“The bottom line is I was very upset in how the talent conducted themselves,” Ross says. “We made mistakes from a management standpoint. We had wanted to make the trip as comfortable as possible, so we chartered a sports plane with first-class seats and upgraded the food. But the open bar was obviously a mistake. It went off the rails, with a small group of guys that just went crazy. It is still a black eye to be affiliated with the Plane Ride from Hell.”
- Hanes, makers of underwear and plain white t-shirts are a big fan of the recent adoption of the plain white shirt from Bryan Danielson in AEW
- Speaking on the latest episode of Women's Wrestling Talk, Jordynne Grace reflected on her time working with Jazz:
Jazz is awesome. I mean, there's really no other way to put it. She's one of the nicest veterans I've ever met in my life. She's so down to earth and I just have so much love in my heart for her. She's incredible, man. She's, I love her. There's nothing else I can say about her. I don't think I've ever heard anybody say anything negative about Jazz. And that is very very rare when it comes to female veteran wrestlers because, normally they sometimes have an ego or, or something like that about them and someone has something bad to say or a bad experience, but I've never met anyone with that kind of experience with Jazz.
- Speaking with WrestleZone, Matthew Rehwoldt explains why he isn't looking to reunite Rusev Day anytime soon.
“You hit the nail on the head, especially as you said over the last year [I’ve been asked about the Rusev Day reunion]. I have no problem with it and nostalgia has its place in both entertainment and wrestling especially,” Rehwoldt explained, “and I’m a huge fan and I say it publicly a lot, but I’m a move forward kind of person. I don’t want to live in the past. I’ll totally acknowledge it and recognize all the great things that have happened, especially to me, but any time I step into somewhere new, I want to forge something new.
“Even if it’s building off of things that I’ve done before, I’ll always be the ‘Drama King’ but let’s evolve that forward. So, even something small, like I came IMPACT and said I can be ‘this name’ or ‘that name,’ I was met with, ‘Well, why don’t we use your real name? We’ll call you Matthew Rehwoldt, nobody has that name.’ I always thought it was hard to pronounce and nobody will like that, but they were like, ‘No, that makes you different, and that makes you interesting,’” Rehwoldt said.
- AEW issued the following regarding the most recent membership information for Dynamite. The show once again beat Monday Night Raw in the key demographic.
AEW: Dynamite” continues its domination as Wednesday’s #1 cable program among P18-49 for the fourth straight week. See highlights below:
“AEW: Dynamite” – Week 102 – Wed 8p-10p
574K P18-49 / 186K P18-34 / 1.2M P2+
Ranked #1 on cable for Wednesday among P18-49 for the fourth week in a row
2021 median age tracking at 48 with 69% male skew
On last night’s episode of “AEW: Dynamite,” Adam Cole made his in-ring debut against “Elite Hunter” Frankie Kazarian, Bryan Danielson addressed AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, Shawn Spears battled Darby Allin, Jade Cargill took on “Legit” Leyla Hirsch, and CM Punk was featured as a guest commentator.
Founded by CEO, GM and Head of Creative Tony Khan, AEW is a new professional wrestling league headlined by Kenny Omega, Dr. Britt Baker, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho, Cody & Brandi Rhodes, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Adam Cole, Sting, Jon Moxley, Miro, Lucha Bros., PAC, Hangman Page, MJF, Darby Allin, Nyla Rose, Red Velvet, Ruby Soho, Hikaru Shida, Thunder Rosa, Jade Cargill, Malakai Black, Andrade El Idolo, Christian Cage, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara, Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page, Orange Cassidy, Ricky Starks, Powerhouse Hobbs, Lance Archer, and many more. For the first time in many years, AEW is offering an alternative to mainstream wrestling, with a roster of world-class talent that is injecting new spirit, freshness and energy into the industry.
“AEW: Dynamite” airs every Wednesday from 8-10 p.m. ET on TNT and attracts the youngest wrestling audience on television. The new fight-forward show “AEW: Rampage” airs every Friday from 10-11 p.m. ET. AEW’s multi-platform content also includes “AEW Dark” and “AEW Dark: Elevation,” two weekly professional wrestling YouTube series, “Being the Elite,” a weekly behind-the-scenes YouTube series, and “AEW Unrestricted,” a weekly podcast series. For more info, check out Twitter.com/AEW; Instagram.com/AllEliteWrestling;YouTube.com/AEW; Facebook.com/AllEliteWrestling.
- Austin Theory parts ways with The Way:
The Way helped me get to that next level as a performer. I can’t thank the people I was surrounded by enough. If you got lost in reality with what we gave you then we did our job.— Austin White (@austintheory1) September 16, 2021
Now on to that next level ----.
Also Papa John Thank you--@JohnnyGargano pic.twitter.com/sJvfShCRcn
- Big E recently praised AEW’s Powerhouse Hobbs on Twitter:
You’re the man, bruh. You already know I’m a massive fan of you. You have all the tools.— Ettore “Big E” Ewen (@WWEBigE) September 15, 2021
- Decay vs. Violent by Design is slated to open tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling on AXS TV.
- Recently, there was a death hoax circulating about WWE legend Ivan Putski. Thankfully, Ivan is alive and well.
Wanted to follow up from last night. I heard from @apter1wrestling today. He informed me that he spoke to the family and that the “Polish Hammer” is still with us. This was a sick joke. Baffles me why people think this is fun. Long live “Polish Power!” https://t.co/TxqxDZl00l— Conrad the Mortgage Guy (@HeyHeyItsConrad) September 14, 2021
- Eva Marie will be featured on American Ninja Warrior Jr.
Thanks for having me, ninjas! Be sure to tune in and watch me on American Ninja Warrior Junior, streaming today on @peacockTV ! #ANWJr --— Eva Marie (@natalieevamarie) September 16, 2021
#PinkPower #WWE pic.twitter.com/Exn5Zojrx3
- When the market closed today, WWE stock was trading at $55.00 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
Watch: AEW Dynamite, WWE Smackdown at MSG, Raw vs. NFL, NXT 2.0 Live TV Ratings Talk Brandon Thurston