Here is your post-NXT fight size update for September 27.
- Apollo Crews discussed his feud with Grayson Waller. He noted that his presence alone cost Waller his match last week. He teased that he had a dark vision regarding Waller's future and stated that he's not done with him yet. Later in the show, Waller was freaked out over Crews' message. He vowed to hire more security to protect himself from Crews.
- Cameron Grimes has been feuding with Joe Gacy for weeks as he has refused to join The Schism. It all came to a head on Tuesday when he faced Gacy in a singles match. The two foes delivered a hard-fought contest, and in the end, some timely interference from The Dyad helped Gacy clinch the win.
- Andre Chase spoke to his students and announced that he'll compete in a qualifying match for the NXT North American Championship; he will face Von Wagner next week. He then have a student a teachable moment when they pointed out that he's never beaten Wagner.
- Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen brawled wih Gallus backstage ahead of their match. In the main event, the two teams battled it out in a Pub Rules Match. They used numerous weapon on each other. Both teams got whipped with belts. Briggs and Jensen broke glass over Gallus' heads. In the end, Briggs and Jensen scored the win. Infuriated, Gallus punched referees and security guards, and they were subsequently arrested.
- Ilja Dragunov commented on his return to NXT, noting that the last time he was there, he conquered an unbeatable machine to win the NX UK Championship. He stated that he's back to do the same thing with Bron Breakker's NXT Championship. JD McDonagh interrupted and said that he's not surprised Dragunov followed him to America. He recalled how Dragunov was so hurt after his match with McDonagh that he had to relinquish the title. He told the former champion that it's his time, not Dragunov. McDonagh threatened to end Dragunov's career. Breakker interrupted and said the title's not going anywhere. He pitched the idea of a three-way bout. at Halloween Havoc.
- NXT Women's Champion Mandy Rose faced Fallon Henley in a non-title match, determined to send a message to her prospective challenger, Alba Fyre. Despite a valiant effort from Henley, Rose scored the victory. After the match, Rose got a microphone and stated that Fyre is jealous of her. She called herself the woman who starts fires. On the video screen, Fyre interrupted and lit a flaming message that said, "And new."
- Wes Lee took on Tony D'Angelo in a qualifying match for the NXT North American Championship match at NXT Hallowee Havoc. Lee walked away with the win, but not in the way he may have wished. The referee stopped the match when D'Angelo crashed head-first into a turnbuckle. Officials proceeded to check on D'Angelo, who was seemingly hurt.
- Xyon Quinn confronted Dragunov, noting that he himself never got the chance to carry the ball. Dragunov responded by saying he's right, and the ball's in his court. They later faced off in a singles match, and the former NXT UK Champion picked up an impressive victory.
- Oro Mensah introduced himself to Carmelo Hayes, who responded by saying that while he respects Mensah, it's every man for himself at Havoc.
- Fans got to see a day in the life of Pretty Deadly. They said they they don't go to the gym early, and though they thought about getting a butler, the duo didn't want someone to bother them. The NXT Tag Team Champions noted that they don't do heavy weights, and they bask in the wonderfulness of each other.
- Sol Ruca won her in-ring debut on NXT against Amari Miller.
- Nikkita Lyons faced Kayden Carter, hoping to potentially earn a shot at the NXT Women's Tag Team Championship. In the end, she pinned Carter and scored a decisive win. Later in the show, Lyons said they're coming for the titles. Toxic Attraction interrupted and said the titles look good on them. Mandy Rose noted that Lyons and Stark were outnumbered until Alba Fyre evened the oods.
- Nathan Frazer discussed his series with Axiom, noting that they're tied, and the next match will be a qualifying match for the NXT North American Title match at Halloween Havoc. He compared the situation to his soccer career and expressed his confidence with the game on the line.
- Brutus Creed finally got the chance to get his hands on Damon Kemp, who destroyed Diamond Mine from within and cost the Creed Brothers their title match with Pretty Deadly. Brutus took the fight to Kemp right away. The two athletes showcased their remarkable amateur wrestling skills, but Kemp brought the match to an end when he attacked Brutus with a chair. He then said that if Julius wants some, he can come get some.
- Quincy Elliot gave Sanga some advice. He then made fun of Xyon Quinn's loss, noting that he didn't see the "X Factor" Quinn was talking about next week.
- Lash Legend and Wendy Choo discussed their rivalry. Choo noted that she has a dark side, and Legend will see that when they face off next week. She vowed to shut Legend up, while the latter said she'd put Choo to bed.
- In a tweet, Chase expressed his intent to beat Wagner next week.
Come next Tuesday I’m going to beat Von Wagner… Then I’m going on to #HalloweenHavoc to become the next #WWENXT North American Champion— Andre Chase (@AndreChaseWWE) September 28, 2022
(I might even have @bodhihaywardWWE and @theahail_wwe give @MrStoneWWE a smack for good measure) pic.twitter.com/RFQ9SRP9qk
- Carmelo Hayes stated that, when he wins the NXT North American Championship again, he'll go defend it on WWE RAW.
- In a WWE Digital Exclusive, Ruca shared her thoughts on NXT debut and stated that she can conquer anything she sets her mind to.
- Check out the card for next week's episode of NXT 2.0 by clicking here.