Here is your fight size update for Thursday, July 8, 2021:
- Speaking with WrestleZone in his first interview since his WWE release, Ariya Daivari says he plans on continuing to team with fellow 205 Live alum, Tony Nese:
To be honest, one thing that I really want to put out there is just continuing to tag team with Tony Nese. I feel like we were on the cusp of greatness, you know? We were ready to go full boar with it and unfortunately, the timing didn’t work out so we definitely, me and Tony have kind of kept our eye on the tag team scene a lot more. Obviously, there’s really good teams in every company right now so hopefully, that’s something that me and Tony can do,” Daivari explained, “is step into the tag team light a little bit bigger together.
“We’re communicating every day and getting stuff figured out so hopefully, that’ll come to fruition soon,” he added. Daivari’s 90-day non-compete clause comes to a close on September 23, but he’ll be staying ring-ready before then and also plans to dabble in the live streaming on Twitch as well."
- Check out this video of modern WWE Superstars paying homage to the New World Order during nWo week on WWE Network.
- AEW Staff member Charlie Ramone was the recent Gaston AEW Unrestricted and spoke about taking a bump for Lance Archer on TV.
“I can already feel the blood coming down. I look up, and here’s Jake The Snake standing over me. And he says, ‘You shouldn’t have messed with my boy.’ And then just steps over me and proceeds to go to the ring.”
- AEW Superstar Penelope Ford posted the following Let’s Play video for The Sims 4:
- The WWE content is now available on Peacock:
- The WWE Breaking Ground reality series
- The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA documentary
- The Usos 10 Hours to Houston documentary.
- The Superstar Gaming Series special
- Saturday Night's Main Event
-On today's episode of NXT UK, Blair Davenport successfully debuted. She won her match with a Kamagoye knee. Below are some highlights of today's episode.
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, RUSH says he would much rather team with his brother, Dragon Lee, than fight him:
“I love to tag with him. When we team together in Ring of Honor, it will be clear why we are the most dominant two wrestlers in the world together. But no, I would not like to defend my title against him. I am not interested in a rivalry against my brother or father [La Bestia del Ring]. We are family. Our goal is showing we are the best, not fighting each other.”
- Speaking on The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling Podcast, Alberto Del Rio opened up about getting in shape after having a rough year:
“I’m in fantastic shape. I went back in shape. Let’s be honest. Last year was not a good year for me. It was a horrible year for me. Thank God everything is coming together, and everything is working in my favor. We’re pretty close to having this ridiculous thing dismissed pretty soon. Obviously, the collateral damage after what happened was horrible. It took a toll on my entire family, me, and my body. I got depressed in a horrible way. I gained a lot of weight last year. Nobody has ever seen me that way, and I didn’t take a picture. I don’t want anyone to see me the way I was last year at 280 pounds. Then after the discoveries, and after all the evidence was presented, there was zero evidence, nothing, nothing, nothing, zero, nothing that could prove those allegations were real.”
- Speaking with Liam Alexander-Stewart of Inside The Ropes, Maria Kanellis reaffirms that she is done wrestling.
“So I knew I was done wrestling at my last WrestleMania. I knew I knew. I walked out there and I went, nope, I want to go back. I just knew I wasn’t done with the wrestling industry. I just was done with wrestling. Like, I didn’t want to go out there and put on a match and who knows? Never say never. Like we all as wrestlers are like, that’s the last match that we have 50 more like I’m not going to do that. What I am going to say is like I don’t feel the same way about it as I used to when I went out there for my last match at WrestleMania literally got out there and looked around and went, Yeah, I just want to get back to my baby girl because my daughter was backstage that just wanted to get back to her. And that’s really how I feel about my wrestling right now, as I just know there are things bigger than me and my own personal stuff that I want to witness.
“I want to see women grow. I want to see this industry change. I want more people to have my job as a woman in other companies and so that’s what I’m fighting for. I don’t need to go out there and duke it out in the ring because I have many, many fights that I’m doing behind the scenes every day, not within Ring of Honor, but just in the world and getting people to understand and have an appreciation for women’s wrestling.”
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.72 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest vlog from Sammy Guevara: