Arn Anderson Says AEW Will Figure Out How To Make An Empty Arena Rock & Roll

As the world continues to adjust to the Coronavirus outbreak, professional wrestling shows have continued with the caveat of having no audience in attendance in an effort to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.

All Elite Wrestling presented their first empty arena event on March 18 when Dynamite was presented with only a limited number of wrestlers in the audience. this was a unique take that provided a chance for sums to build character while continuing to progress storylines.

WWE Files To Trademark "There's Never A Bad Time To Have A Good Time"

Cody Rhodes’ head coach in All Elite Wrestling, Arn Anderson, recently spoke on his podcast about the virus and the number of cancellations it has forced in the wrestling world so far.

He remarked, “I am like everyone else, concerned, probably going through some trials and tribulations and having to adjust our life with this Coronavirus. But I want to just start to show off by apologizing with all the cancellations and people that were expecting us to be signings and different places, and we're not going to be able to be there, but we have to get behind the government and the plan that they have for all of us to fight this thing. And everyone's going to have to pitch in and do our part, do everything we can. I'm sure we're going to weather this, it's just a question of being inconvenienced and just wanted to apologize to everybody and assure them we will make up any of these dates, if humanly possible, and get things back to entertain in the public and doing what we do well. And that's just let everybody let loose and enjoy life.”

Continuing on, Arn would say that he has faith in the creativity involved in the brain trust of All Elite Wrestling and proclaimed that they will soon adjust and they will have empty arenas as lively and vibrant as humanly possible.

“Well, number one, it's the ongoing commitment by Tony Khan and the company to, you know, still provide entertainment for everybody to sit at home in front of a TV set,” said Arn. “That's exactly what Tony Khan and commitment is. These guys are going to have to go out and do what they do and be creative and ad-lib. And we're gonna have to figure out some way to make an empty arena rock and roll. There's some pretty good minds there. I think we'll be able to figure it out.”

Tony Khan has made the call to continue on with the events for as long as possible but did say that the Blood & Guts Match which was originally supposed to happen on March 25 is postponed indefinitely. Learn more here.

If you use any of the above quotes, please credit Fightful for the transcription by linking back to this article.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web