Asuka is going to be pulling double duty at SummerSlam.
The former Raw Women's Champion was originally going to just be challenging Sasha Banks for her Raw title SummerSlam later this month. However, Asuka won a triple brand battle royal on SmackDown and now booked herself a match against SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley at SummerSlam.
That's right. Asuka will challenge for both Banks and Bayley's respective singles titles at SummerSlam. If she emerges victorious in both matches, she becomes just the second woman in history to hold both titles at the same time after Becky Lynch accomplished that feat at WrestleMania 35.
Below is the updated card for SummerSlam, taking place on August 23:
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton
- WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman (c) vs. 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt
- Raw Tag Team Championships: Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) (c) vs. Angel Garza & Andrade
- United States Championship: Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP
- Seth Rollins vs. Dominik Mysterio
- SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Asuka
- Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Asuka
For full results of SmackDown, click here.