Here is your post-SmackDown fight size update for Friday, July 23, 2021.
- Odyssey Jones defeated Austin Theory and Aliyah defeated Indi Hartwell in two dark matches ahead of tonight's SmackDown.
- John Cena kicked off SmackDown and said that the show has sucked with Roman Reigns as champion. He proceeded to challenge The Head of the Table to a match at SummerSlam. Paul Heyman told Cena that he would have his answer by the end of the night.
- Baron Corbin told Kayla Braxton that his FundMe campaign ended up costing him money. The person he paid to set up the account stole his deposit and then his identity.
- During the two Rolling Loud matches, Big E, Kevin Owens, and Cesaro defeated Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler, and Robert Roode in a 6-Man Tag Team Match. This was set up by all the men coming out in succession and staking their claim to the Intercontinental Championship.
- In the first Rolling Loud match, Angelo Dawkins defeated Chad Gable.
- Bianca Belair successfully defended her SmackDown Women's Championship against Carmella. After the bout, NBA All-Star Trae Young joined The EST to announce a New Year's Day PPV event which will be held in Atlanta.
- After offering him some personal advice, Kevin Owens gave Baron Corbin some money. Unfortunately for Corbin, he was hit in the groin just moments later. The Dirty Dawgs tried to steal the cash, but Owens came to Corbin's aid once again.
- After costing him the Universal Championship at Money in the Bank, Seth Rollins came face-to-face with Edge on SmackDown. Rollins said that nothing would make him happier than to crush Edge's dreams. The two men proceeded to brawl with Edge dominating the encounter.
- Toni Storm won her debut match on SmackDown, defeating Zelina Vega.
- Jimmy Uso defeated Dominik Mysterio thanks to a helping hand from his brother Jey, who provided some extra leverage on the winning pin attempt.
- Roman Reigns came out to close the show and berated Cena. He thought Hollywood would have made him over, but instead, we're seeing the same guy from 2005. He then proceeded to decline Cena's SummerSlam challenge. Finn Balor's music hit immediately afterwards. He came to the ring and told Reigns, "If you're not interested in John Cena's challenge, maybe you'll be interested in mine."
After consulting with Paul Heyman, SmackDown ended with Roman accepting Balor's challenge.
- John Cena teamed up with Rey and Dominik Mysterio to defeat Roman Reigns and The Usos in a 6-Man Tag Team Match after SmackDown went off the air.