Baron Corbin Reveals Why He Wasn't On WWE TV After Extreme Rules

Baron Corbin was headlining the Extreme Rules show back in July, but was immediately absent from WWE television afterwards and Corbin explained why.

During an interview with Sporting News, Corbin discussed what went into the decision in him not appearing on television after he and Lacey Evans lost to Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch at Extreme Rules. Corbin said he wanted to make sure what areas he can improve as a performer and wanted to give fans a break from him before returning to compete in the King of the Ring tournament.

Lance Archer Qualifies For 'Face Of The Revolution' Ladder Match At AEW Revolution; Updated Card

"I feel like it was a good thing to kind of recalibrate and look at things and see what I can change or evolve. Plus, just to kind of give the fans a break for a minute, to be missed. It's so funny because my social media would be like, 'Oh my goodness, a 'RAW' without Baron Corbin, that was the greatest thing ever' to like after three weeks going 'Wait, where's he at? I miss him.' It's kind of a wild thing. So I think it was a good thing for myself and for everybody to get that little break and reload. If you see the same thing over and over and over, you get kind of tired of it. I think that's a really cool thing about King of the Ring; we pulled it back for a few years and now it's back and people are really excited about it," Corbin said.

Prior to his absence earlier this year, Corbin had been heavily featured on Raw, from appearing on opening segments to having main event matches. When asked about whether or not he was overexposed, Corbin simply responded by saying not at all and that his time on television allowed is character to grow.

"I don't think I was overexposed. I think it was a good thing for because coming from the 'Lone Wolf' as this big, angry guy that just tried to beat everybody up, it gave me a lot of depth in becoming Constable and giving me the microphone and playing off of Kurt (Angle) and the other superstars and abusing power. It was also one of those things where me handing me a promo and I'm opening the show. That's an important spot. That's a Roman Reigns spot or John Cena spot, The Rock spot, opening 'Monday Night RAW' and it was kind of sink or swim for me — 'I gotta deliver this. I have to do a really good job at it and I kept crushing it so they're giving me more and more.' I think it made me ready for anything in WWE and it took me, as a performer, to another level. I think being under that much pressure is only going to help me throughout the rest of my career," Corbin said.

Now, Corbin is in the semifinals of the King of the Ring tournament, going up against Samoa Joe and Ricochet in a triple threat match on the September 9 episode of Raw. The full interview can between Sporting News and Corbin can be read at this link.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web