Here is your post-WWE SmackDown/AEW Rampage fight size update for Friday, August 13, 2021.
- John Cena and Roman Reigns exchanged words to start SmackDown. Things got heated when Roman brought up Cena's past relationship with Nikki Bella. Cena returned fire, saying that Reigns almost ruined Seth Rollins and ran Dean Ambrose out of the WWE. At SummerSlam, Cena plans to make the “Island of Relevance” a whole lot less relevant with a very simple 1-2-3.
- After Rick Boogs and Commander Azeez were thrown out from ringside, Shinsuke Nakamura was able to defeat Apollo Crews to capture the Intercontinental Championship. This is the second time Nakamura has held the prestigious title.
- The Street Profits exacted some revenge on Alpha Academy, picking up a victory over Chad Gable and Otis on SmackDown.
- Ahead of their match at SummerSlam, Seth Rollins came to the ring during SmackDown and vowed to do whatever it takes to put an end to Edge once and for all.
- Despite a distraction from The Usos, Rey and Dominik Mysterio were able to defeat Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode. The Mysterios will face The Usos at SummerSlam for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles.
- Baron Corbin came to the ring and asked everyone in Tulsa for $1000. Kevin Owens came out and offered Corbin the money if he could beat him in a match. If he lost, however, he couldn't ask for help anymore. Not only did Owens win, but he gave Corbin an extra stunner after the fact, too.
Backstage, Corbin was about to be interviewed but stole Big E's Money in the Bank briefcase and ran away.
- Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks signed a contract to make their SummerSlam match official. Banks brought Carmella and Zelina Vega out to be "witnesses," but really they were there to attack Belair as soon as she signed her name. Although she fought back, Banks would eventually lock Bianca into the Banks statement, using the champion's hair as leverage.
- In the opening match of the night, Christian Cage defeated Kenny Omega to become the new IMPACT World Champion. Omega looked to be stealing a victory when the Young Bucks slid him a chair and Don Callis distracted the referee, but Cage was able to get out of the One-Winged Angel and deliver a Killswitch for the 1-2-3.
- Though he came out strong with a trifecta of tornado DDTs, Miro made relatively quick work of Fuego Del Sol, retaining his TNT Championship. After the match, Miro ripped up the AEW contract that was on the line for Fuego.
Just then, Tony Khan came out with Sammy Guevara and sent him down to the ring with a contract to present to his friend. After working for the company for the past year and amassing a 1-40 record, Fuego Del Sol is All Elite.
- Britt Baker defeated Red Velvet to retain her AEW Women's World Championship. After the match, Britt was attacked by Kris Statlander, but Jamie Hayter came to her rescue. In recent weeks, Baker had said that she would be bringing in backup.
After dispatching Statlander and hitting a curb stomp to Red Velvet, Baker and Hayter stood tall to end the debut episode of Rampage.
AEW would later announce that Jamie Hayter is All Elite and has joined the team.
Relive all the action from tonight's shows by checking out Fightful's joint post-show review.