Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, March 3, 2021:
- Tonight on NXT, Shayna Baszler will team with Nia Jax to face Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez. Speaking with Comic Book, Shayna addressed her opponents individually and zoned in on why Dakota Kai has not changed.
"Everyone is talking about this transformed Dakota Kai, but all I see is a Dakota Kai that has a Raquel Gonzalez to hide behind. She's pretty confident when she has her. She wasn't that way when I was around and she's not going to be that way when I return," Baszler said. "I've been in combat sports, wrestling, and MMA long enough to know when someone's putting on this facade, and her facade happens to be Raquel, and she can talk a big game while she's there, but I'll break her down just like always. It might take longer, but you guys will all see it, it's the same Dakota Kai."
She continued, "Raquel is big and strong and she can move a lot of weight, I'm sure, in the weight room, but the thing I've always been taught, and the reason why the Kirifuda Clutch is my go-to is because it doesn't matter. I think I've said this before, it doesn't matter how big, how strong, how athletic and intimidating you are, you still need air to breathe. I've trained a long time in grappling arts that are designed to be an equalizer for a person who's bigger and stronger to be on the same level of a more technical, smaller, not as strong person. So it's unfamiliar for everyone else to see because they haven't seen me and Raquel, but it is not unfamiliar territory for me."
- Bobby Lashley, the brand new WWE Champion, has doubled down on his desire to see Drew McIntyre face him in the main event of WrestleMania 37 in a new interview with Ryan Satin.
"Drew, definitely. Drew has been one of the most dominant WWE Champions in history. In history. He’s definitely a force to be reckoned with, and to have a match against Drew would be just incredible," he said. "Because, right now, Drew is unstoppable. ‘The Chosen One.’ But the only man that can stop Drew [points to self]. The betting odds are gonna go crazy on that one. Me against Drew. What’s the over/under. Who wins that? Who’s the favorite? If you say him, you’re wrong!"
- Speaking with WrestleZone, Matt Hardy discussed being genuinely proud of Private Party’s rise in AEW.
“It’s very cool that they were legitimate big Hardy Boyz fans when they were growing up and I think it even adds to the story that like, hey, I was their hero growing up. So now it’s, ‘I wanna take you under my wing and I wanna teach you’ but you have this guy, Big Money Matt, who’s taking advantage of these young kids who grew up idolizing him and watching him,” Hardy said, “I think it adds a lot of great layers to the story. And I think that them even turning heel and having more of an edge and an attitude on TV is something that’s going to take them further in their career, and help reach their full potential as well.
“I love the fact that we did the [scenario of] ‘maybe Matt’s right, maybe this is the way, win by any means necessary.’ Something that I feel like has really translated well, especially in Isiah’s match this week against Adam Page, is his aggressiveness and his viciousness. These guys have always been incredibly talented, incredibly athletic,” Hardy said, “but you need the audience to look on-screen and go, ‘Hold on, this guy can fight.’ I understand he’s an athlete and sure, maybe this is showbiz to a degree. But I think this guy would kick my ass if I ever got in the ring with him. They’re really starting to bring that now, it makes me very proud of them.”
- Ahead of the upcoming episode of MLW Fusion, you can check out the cold open at this link.
- Braxton Sutter, now known as The Blade in AEW, recently had a touching moment in an airport he used to work at.
- Today, WWE stock fell just a little over 2% and closed at $51.08 per share
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.