Here is your fight size update for Thursday, May 13, 2021:
- Batista, who has never been shy about voicing his takes on WWE storylines, recently took to Instagram to question why Asuka has been losing so much. Commenting under a recent WWE Instagram post calling into question their booking decisions for the former WWE Raw Women's Champion:
- In another case of former WWE champions having fun on social media, CM Punk took a small jab at what it means to be on the headset for commentary in WWE:
“GODDAMNIT PAL WATCH THE MONITORS AND STOP SAYING WRESTLING PAL”— player/coach (@CMPunk) May 13, 2021
- Ricky Starks, who is currently dealing with a neck injury, denied reports that there is anything wrong with his knees or ankle.
- WWE recently announced that they have been named a finalist for 4 FAXSIES Awards:
WWE has been named a finalist for four prestigious FAXIES Awards, presented by Cablefax!
WWE Social Media is a nominee for "Overall Social Presence;" Undertaker's 30th Anniversary is up for "Social Media Campaign;" WWE Advanced Media Group has earned consideration for "Digital Team of the Year;" and WWE ThunderDome is in the running for "New Product or Launch."
The FAXIES Awards, which "recognize excellence in PR and marketing across the industry," will be held in a digital ceremony on Thursday, June 10, at 4 p.m. ET.
- Ted DiBiase is a busy man and was recently revealed as the secret investor of WWE What's NeXT:
- The Rock's upcoming movie, Jungle Cruise, will be coming to theaters and Disney+ , by way of Premier Access, on July 30.
- Tomorrow's After the Bell podcast will be a Wrestlemania Backlash preview.
- Speaking of The Rock, WWE recently released a short video recapping the members of the legendary Samoan Dynasty.
- Check out the latest Battle of the Brands from UpUpDownDown:
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Court Bauer complimented the work of Salina de la Renta during her time with Major League Wrestling.
"Her character had an incredible story arc. You saw her ascension, and then the mystery of her disappearance, which played into Azteca Underground’s arrival last June when she returned. Her story in MLW concluded last week with the season finale, and we saw the new power dynamic with this shadowy new character. The baton has now been passed, and it’s going to be an interesting pivot.
"To work with Natalia, you immediately see she’s incredibly talented. She commanded attention and thrived on national television. She did an incredible job. I wish Natalia success and health."
- After his Dark Side of the Ring special, Nick Gage will engage in a Q and A on Facebook.
- Rob Van Dam has entered the professional gaming space end is the CEO of an Esports team:
- Today, WWE stock saw no major change and closed at $52.81 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.