Here is your post-SmackDown fight size update for Friday, May 7, 2021.
- Although it didn't appear physically, SmackDown's iconic fist made a return in CGI form for tonight's throwback episode (image above).
- After eulogizing the career of Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns brought out someone to take his place, someone who he believes will acknowledge him; Jimmy Uso.
- After being interrupted by Cesaro, Teddy Long appeared and announced that Cesaro would earn a Universal Championship Match at WrestleMania Backlash if he could defeat Seth Rollins. After Jimmy Uso superkicked Seth for pushing his brother, Cesaro capitalized and hit the neutralizer for the victory.
With a potential #UniversalChampionship match at #WMBacklash on the line, @WWEUsos get involved in @WWERollins match with @WWECesaro! How will the Head of the Table @WWERomanReigns respond?! #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/024TIT5Xin— WWE (@WWE) May 8, 2021
- Not finished for the night, Teddy Long announced a 10-Man Tag Team Match between Sami Zayn, Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Chad Gable, and Otis versus Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Street Profits, and Big E.
- Unimpressed that Jimmy has only been around for an hour and is already causing problems, Roman Reigns confronted his cousin. To his surprise, however, Jimmy isn't willing to be walked all over.
"First off, you won't be talking to me any kind of way like you talk to my brother Jey, and, second of all,, I ain't nobody's b****." - Jimmy @WWEUsos to @WWERomanReigns -- #SmackDown @HeymanHustle pic.twitter.com/839uozyHu2— WWE (@WWE) May 8, 2021
- Carmella defeated Ruby Riott in singles action after she applied her signature submission move, The Code of Silence.
- After listing off a number of past Women's Champions, all of whom pale in comparison to herself, Bayley ran down her opponent for WrestleMania Backlash, Bianca Belair. The EST of WWE came to the ring and traded barbs with Bayley. A brawl quickly broke out, with Bayley getting the upper hand after dragging Belair across the ring by her earring.
- Dolph Ziggler was set to face Rey Mysterio, but after insulting his son and saying that he doesn't belong in the ring, the match was changed to Dolph versus Dominik. The young Mysterio picked up the victory, rolling up the Show-Off. The Dirty Dawgs will defend their SmackDown Tag Team Titles against the Myerterio's at WrestleMania Backlash.
- Tamina's match with Reginald ended in disqualification after Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler got involved. They would beat up Natalya and Tamina, with Jax Samoan Dropping Tamina into the barricade on the outside. The two teams will face off next Friday with the Tag Team Titles on the line.
- The main event match of the night ended after Baron Corbin hit the End of Days on Shinsuke Nakamura, earning the victory for his team.
- After Jimmy Uso refused to acknowledge Roman Reigns, he left the ring only to be chased down by his brother. As they talked on the ramp, Cesaro attacked Roman. Jey came to the aid of the champion but ate a neutralizer for his troubles. Jimmy then decided to help out too but was quickly done away with. Cesaro then turned his attention back to Reigns, delivering another neutralizer to end the show.