Bayley's road to WWE went through SHIMMER Wrestling.
The promotion took to Twitter and shared a 10-year-old piece of mail they received from the now WWE Superstar. The former-SmackDown Women's Champion replied, too, pointing out how her work rate has jumped dramatically in the time since. Here is what she wrote (the photo she included can be seen below):
I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was 12 yrs old and once I turned 18, I bought a car and started with BTW. Since then I have been the only girl for nearly 3 yrs which is a little tough with the pressure of having to keep up with the guys, but most of the time I like comparing myself to the men's level. Unfortunately I have only had the opportunity of being baby face in all my matches.
- Started training with Big Time Wrestling in April 2008
- Train every Wednesday and Thursday night from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Had first professional match on September 19, 2008
- Since then has been in almost 30 professional matches all including:
- Singles Matches (occasionally with men as well)
- Tag matches, both mixed and all girls
- Matches with Raisha Saeed, ODB, Dafney, and Awesome Kong
- Held the first Women's Championship for Pro Wrestling Destination in Reno, NV
Other girls I have worked with:
- Melissa Coates
- Nikki The NY Knockout
- Erica D'Erico
- Christina Von Eerie
- Yyan Nakano
- Jenna Lynn
- AJ Adams
- Jessica James
Bayley's independent wrestling career began in 2008. Three years later, the play to contact Dave Prazak (founder) worked because she would debut with SHIMMER in October 2011. She would work with them throughout 2012 before getting signed by WWE in December of that year. Bayley debuted in NXT the next month. She has had an incredible career, becoming the first Women's Triple Crown and Grand Slam Champion in WWE history.
Bayley currently performs on SmackDown and has been feuding with Bianca Belair.
Fightful provides live coverage of WWE SmackDown every Friday night beginning at 5 p.m. PST.