Here is your fight-size update for Tuesday, January 5, 2021:
Thankfully, shortly after posting that her brother was missing, Bayley reported that her brother had been found safe and sound.
- Speaking of Bayley, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T reiterated via an interview with Sports Illustrated that he feels the former WWE Women's Champion is a great all-around performer.
“Look at Bayley; she is good at everything,” Huffman says. “The younger talent should watch her work in the ring, listen to her promos, and take notes. She has really created something special. There are so many others that really stand out to me. Drew McIntyre. Roman. Big E. Miz, he sat under the learning tree. He gets it. Kevin Owens, that’s someone with a lot of season on him. He knows what it takes.
“Sami Zayn is also one of my favorites. His entertainment has always been there, his wrestling has always been there, but now it’s even more special because he’s put it all together. He knows exactly what he’s supposed to be doing, and he is incredible to watch every week.”
- The El Rey Network, the former home of Lucha Underground, sadly ceased operations on January 1. Learn more at this link. The network also used to air a lot of-cult classic films including films starring the legendary Mexican wrestler El Santo.
- Wale, who sings Big E’s current theme song, recently revealed that he had worked on a track for WWE Raw’s faction The Hurt Business.
- Wale was also encouraging Cardi B to make a WrestleMania appearance after she was Reference last night on WWE Monday Night Raw by Torrie Wilson. In case you missed it, Lacey Evans wound up getting into a war of words with the “WAP” singer.
- Tanya Roberts, who played Midge on That 70s Show, starred in be James Bond film A View to a Kill, and also starred in the 1986 movie about wrestling called Body Slam sadly passed away.
Tanya Roberts, who starred in the Bond film “A View to a Kill” and in the 1980s version of “Charlie's Angels,” has died at 65: https://t.co/JCBbwpUuS7— Dan Falk (@danfalk) January 5, 2021
- ICYMI: Jay White has promised to leave NJPW following New Year's Dash. Fightful will have live coverage
- Today, WWE stock closed at $48.02 per share.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube