Here is your fight size update for Friday, May 28, 2021:
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Bianca Belair reveals her cheat meal before big matches and notes that she occasionally likes pineapple on pizza.
“The night before a match is always a weird night,” Belair says. “I want to get a good night’s sleep, but I’m also anxious. When I get nervous, I think about my dad, who would always tell me, ‘When you’re nervous, it means you care.’ So I embrace it. That reminds me I’m ready. And I’m usually making gear the night before. That keeps my mind occupied and ready and calm, especially with my husband right beside me.”
“People do their cheat meals after their matches, but I have pizza the night before,” Belair says, adding that the topping is usually pepperoni or, sometimes, pineapple. “That always helps relax me. Before the Royal Rumble, I picked up a pizza and stayed up all night, and worked on my gear.
- Brian Pillman Jr., who openly discussed using a Nintendo GameCube as a form of escape as a child on an episode of Dark Side of the Ring., recently received a complimentary one.
Some good karma came around my way today! @AMGSheena saw my story on DSOTR about my struggles growing up and decided to send me this wonderful care package! Complete with 2 classic games! Time to go whoop the whole AEW roster in MELEE!!! pic.twitter.com/mnRvIIQdaY— Brian Pillman Jr. (@FlyinBrianJr) May 28, 2021
- Ric Flair may be trading in The Four Horsemen for LA Faccion Ingobernable.
"I trained there in 2010. Book was still somewhat busy back then but whenever he was ever there, he would give us all the time he had. One of the lessons he imparted on me might be something he didn't even realize affected me the way it did. He called me into his office before my first-ever match and asked me if I was ready. I said 'yes,' but the truth is you never really know if you're ready.
"I think he could tell I was nervous and told me 'Look, if the worst thing that happens to you is you go out there and have a bad match, life is going to be OK.' I remember that to this day because we get so caught up in our own heads with what is going on in the moment and that's not your whole life. It's just a little piece of it. If you make a mistake, you can learn from it and have a better tomorrow."
- Margarito Torres, who wrestled as Chamaco Maravilla in Monterrey in the 80s and 90s, passed away on May 21.
- Caristico, the original Sin Cara, has opened a wrestling souvenir shop on the same block as Arena Mexico. Blue Demon has a store in the area as well.
- L.A. Park said that the story about him missing shows last week due to pneumonia was actually due to COVID, but said that he’s recovered. Learn more here.
- WWE released a new t-shirt design for Aleister Black, which Metal Injection calls their "most black metal design ever."
“For the character, I need that championship as a sign of validation,” Omega says. “Even with Don Callis saying otherwise, the Kenny Omega character doesn’t believe he is the best without the belt.”
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.84 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest episode of Off Her Chops with the former IIconics. In this episode, Jessica (Billie Kay) speaks about being married publicly for the first time.