Here is your fight size update for Friday, October 1, 2021.
- On today's episode of Busted Open Radio, Tony Khan confirmed that tonight's episode of Rampage will start with Nick Jackson vs. Bryan Danielson and Tony also confirmed that AEW will announce the Casino Ladder Match competitors, except a mystery joker for this Wednesday's Dynamite tonight on AEW Rampage.
- Damo (Killian Dain) is free to accept worldwide bookings:
- Learn more about MLW's Alexander Hammerstone's hobbies outside the squared circle via a new interview with Darren Paltrowitz
- Bo Dallas has resurfaced via a new YouTube channel.
Watch: TAYLOR ROTUNDA THROWS DOWN IN THE KITCHEN EP.1 BEST DAMN CAST IRON CHICKEN THIGHS
- Speaking on the Straight Shooters podcast, Alex Hammerstone spoke about what sets MLW apart from other promotions
There’s a lot of things. MLW has always been called MLW Fusion because they’re bringing in so many different styles of wrestling. They’re bringing in so many different styles of wrestling.
We’re representing Lucha Libre. We’re representing the technical style of wrestling, brawling, hardcore. We’ve got fighters coming from Japan. There’s really a mixed bag of what you’re going to see. But not only that, there’s not a lot of overbearing control around the wrestlers. People are really given free rein to go out there and wrestle the way they want to wrestle and present themselves the way they want to be presented. I think that shows and I think that shines through. I think a certain level of authenticity connects with fans when wrestlers are able to be themselves.
- Watch: A Shot Of Brandi w/ Special Guest Lee Johnson.
- During a K&S Wrestlefest signing, Santana & Ortiz said they don't believe they will be part of Chris Jericho's Rock N Wrestling Rager at Sea Triple Whammy.
- Baron Black has a new theme song courtesy of Wrestle & Flow:
- Tickets for AEW Full Gear, set to emanate from Target Center in Minneapolis, are now officially on sale.
- Speaking with WrestlingInc, ROH Women’s Champion Rok-C discussed a potential match with AEW Champion Britt Baker.
“There are so many women’s wrestlers. It’s crazy because just a few years ago you may have seen maybe one women’s match on the card. It was called the eye candy match. The women were very sexualized. No, these are wrestlers. We just had NWA Empowerrr. That was amazing. Now we’re having women’s main events. I think it’s really cool. Maria Kanellis said it. There is no door. I’m open to anyone who wants to challenge me for the championship. Whether it be [at] Impact or Britt Baker or anyone. I think that would be so amazing. I’ve had so many experiences throughout my career regardless of how old I am. They’ve shaped me to be ready for matches like this. I’ve always been told you should not have to get ready. You should stay ready. If anyone wants a shot at the title I’m ready.”
- NBCUniversal and YouTube TV have come to terms on a short extension on their existing deal as they continue to negotiate a new agreement.
- On October 7, Zelina Vega, Raquel Gonzalez, and Quetzalli Bulnes will take part in a roundtable discussing Hispanic Heritage Month.
Thurs., 10/7 join @WWE Superstars @TheaTrinidad & @RaquelWWE & #WWEAhora host @quetzallibulnes for “Hispanic Superstars Speak: Why Representation Matters to Those Watching at Home” in honor of #HispanicHeritageMonth w/ @femalequotient! Tune in 12:45pm EST on The FQ’s platforms. pic.twitter.com/WCMWm5liLs— Stephanie McMahon (@StephMcMahon) October 1, 2021
- Here is the latest episode of MC! True Long Island Story.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $57.65 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest Off Her Chops podcast: