The National Wrestling Alliance is back.
Billy Corgan has confirmed that the NWA will return later this month with a new pay-per-view and episodes of Powerrr.
FITE TV first spoiled the news when they posted a landing page for NWA: Back For The Attack on Sunday, March 21. This would mark the NWA's return to action after nearly a year away due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The event is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. ET.
The following description is listed:
On March 21st NWA is back on FITE! Back for the Attack is the first PPV event of NWA in 2021 and will be big, and historic! The event features the NWA World's Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis, NWA stars Thunder Rosa, Aron Stevens, Trevor Murdoch, Elijah Burke aka The Pope, Tim Storm, Kamille, and many more.
Tune in, order today and watch on FITE!
It was also confirmed by the Associated Press, who spoke with NWA Owner Billy Corgan, that NWA Powerrr would be returning on Tuesday, March 23 at 6:05 p.m. ET. The show will air on FITE TV via a low-cost subscription bundle.
“What I didn’t anticipate was how much people would love the format and want more of it and not less of it,” Corgan said. “In our downtime, we did a fan survey and the No. 1 thing was, don’t get rid of ‘Power.‘ We were never in any financial peril,” Corgan said. “We were totally on a growth pattern. The plan for last year before things kind of hit the skids was to start pivoting. We were in discussions with Live Nation about running live events to help bring in revenue and expand who was watching the product. It was more about growing pains stuff, but we didn’t have any problems internally with the product.”
The NWA was set to hold its Crockett Cup event on April 19, 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic shut everything down. NWA continued to release episodes of NWA Powerrr until they had no more original footage. In September, they partnered with United Wrestling Network for UWN Primetime.
Despite no announcements and even rumors of Billy Corgan wanting to shut down the company, Corgan, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis, and more ensured fans that the NWA would return.
The company wiped its YouTube media clean in February 2021, which Corgan explained was a necessary step as part of NWA moving to Fite TV. Gary Cassidy of Inside The Ropes reports NWA signed an exclusive rights deal with Fite TV. Cassidy reports "another sports streaming service" made a substantial offer for exclusive rights, but Aldis' previous work with Fite and Fite’s Chief Operating Officer, Mike Weber, making an offer "above and beyond the initial substantial offer" led NWA and Fite to come to an agreement.
Fightful will have live coverage of NWA: Back For The Attack beginning at 4 p.m. ET on March 21.