Here is your fight-size update for Thursday, March 4, 2021:
- Riding high after his WWE Championship victory, Bobby Lashley told Complex that The Hurt Business is open to adding a female member.
“We want dominance and a legacy. That’s what we want. Another thing that we talked about, we don’t even know if we want to go there, but I’ll throw this out: Is there a female that’s going to join the group? We thought about that. We have some definite names and if we did go that route, I think we’re all in agreeance of who we would love to have a part of us. Can’t really say right now, but that’s something that’s [on the way]. So we’re trying to play with it, so we’re coming at all different angles.”
- The Rock, on social media, congratulated MVP on the success of The Hurt Business.
Well said, brother. You guys are doing GREAT. Very happy for all of you. Very proud, too. Representing— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) March 4, 2021
- Following the passing of legendary promoter Jim Crockett Jr, Tony Schiavone took to social media to pay tribute to his first boss in the world of professional wrestling.
Today my heart breaks with the passing of Jim Crockett. Everything I have become, professionally is because of him and his family. His sister, Frances, hired me to do baseball in 1982, a year later, Jimmy decided to give me a shot at wrestling. He made me what I am today. pic.twitter.com/jbGZuzYeQ4— Tony Schiavone (@tonyschiavone24) March 4, 2021
- Confirmed: Shinsuke Nakamura is a cat person.
- Kay Lee Ray managed to retain her NXT UK Women's Championship against Meiko Satomura and now, she is gloating about it.
- In a Twitter Q&A, CM Punk called Sensational Sherri Martel his favorite woman to work with.
Sensational Sherry!— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 4, 2021
- Speaking in an interview with Inside The Ropes, Jake Roberts recalled Earthquake squashing his beloved snake, Damien.
"Well, that was an idea that was brought up and we went with it and the only thing that I called attention to was, Vince wanted it to happen where and I didn’t see Earthquake do the damage to Damien, but I argued with him on that and said it’s more important this guy ties me to the ropes, and this guy to show me what he’s doing. Because that’s really evil.
"That really shows a lot of strong hate, man. For anybody, you’re caught in that position of being tied in the ropes, you can’t do a damn thing about what’s going on… It really gets to people and that got a lot of people. RSPCA gave me a hard time!"
- On a recent episode of his podcast, Booker T (via WrestleZone) praised the recent performance given by Cesaro at the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.
“Cesaro did have a star-making night even not coming out on top. Cesaro is one of those guys that's going to be around for a long time. He's one of those guys that you want on your team even after his in-ring time oh, he's going to be somebody that you still want on the team from the perspective of making sure the young guys right the ship.”
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, Ahmed Johnson claimed Vince McMahon told him he would never be in the WWE Hall of Fame because of their falling out.
"Because me and Vince had a falling out right when I left, we had a falling out, and he told me then that I wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame because of our falling out. He actually told me that... It was that (contractual differences) and other little things, but yeah, it was a lot of contractual differences."
- Check out the latest A Shot of Brandi.
- In MLW news, Mike Johnson reported that there are talks in place for Lio Rush to begin defending his AAA Championship in Mexico.
- Also, MLW is planning an upcoming Azteca Underground shoot for future use and is currently scouting locations.
- Check out the latest vlog from Sammy Guevara
- Today, WWE stock closed at $52.58 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.