Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, December 23, 2020:
- The Boogeyman brings tidings of comfort and joy from The Bottomless Pit this holiday season with a unique telling of Clement Clarke Moore’s “A Visit from St. Nicholas,” a.k.a. “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
- Chris Bey, who will receive an X-Division Championship match at Hard To Kill, recently told Sports Illustrated that he is looking forward to recapturing that gold.
“I am working for that opportunity to have an extended run as X Division champ,” Bey says. “I need a solid run to prove to the people what I already know, which is the X Division is the best division in wrestling and that I am its gatekeeper. I’m looking to become a two-time champion, that’s the top of my list. Whoever has the belt should know that there is more than unfinished business for me, there is unfinished ‘beyzness.’”
- In a new interview with Chris Van Vliet, Nick Jackson spoke openly about differentiating themselves from every tag team in the world.
Matt Jackson: "It's Matt and Jeff Hardy. They're the greatest ever. There's so many ways that you measure that and I know that we say it's an opinion but at the same time this is a box office business and Matt and Jeff Hardy are the biggest box office tag team act in the history of the business. Could we ever reach those numbers that they hit? I don't know because it's a different time now. We're talking about The Attitude Era when those ratings were insane and people were buying merchandise everywhere but hey, again, dream big. If one day people compare us to them and they already do compare us to them but if they say we're better than them. Man, what a crazy accomplishment. But like Nick said, who wants to really be known as the second best tag team of all time?"
Nick Jackson: "The one thing we have on them is we haven't split up and they've had a few angles where they had to split up. So we just have to stick together and if we do, I think that's an accomplishment in itself. Just being a tag team that never split up ever."
- Johnny Gargano recently spoke with Sports Illustrated about his new faction “The Way”
- Check out these reactions from today's Slammy awards
- WWE stock today closed at $47.76 a share
- Ice Train, former WCW Star, reflected on the Benoit Family tragedy with Sportskeeda.
"But the Chris Benoit I knew, man, that was an awesome guy. I don't know what happened that night, and I can only express the pain and sadness from all members of wrestling and the whole family. Man, the Benoit I knew was just a good guy. I don't know what happened to this day."
- Check out the cold open for today's episode of MLW Fusion
- Make sure you're subscribed to Fightful Select.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube