Here's your fight size update for Sunday, December 19, 2021
- Bret Hart thanked Canadian pro wrestlers on Instagram after his Canadian Walk of Fame induction speech including Edge, Kenny Omega, and Kevin Owens.
What a wild ride it's been! Thank you again to @cwofame for the honour and my fans across Canada and around the world for making it happen. Special thank you to @chrisjerichofozzy for inducting me and @therock for the kind words. I know you both are busy men, and I greatly appreciate that you did that for me.
While sadly this was cut out of my speech due to time constraints, I do want to say thank you to each and every wrestler I ever worked with. Thank you to the many Canadian wrestlers that paved the way for me: my father Stu, Gene Kiniski, Abdullah the Butcher, “Killer” Kowalski, “The Stomper”, Ed Carpentier, “Whipper” Watson, Sky Low Low, Rocky Johnson, Pat Patterson, Roddy Piper.
To the many other Canadian wrestlers, some that filled my shoes after my career ended, that someday will deserve this same honour: Chris Jericho, Edge, Trish Stratus, Kevin Owens, Kenny Omega, my niece Natalya, my brother Owen, and so many more.
“If you’re lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.” - John Irving
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
- The Rock inducted Bret Hart in the Hall of Fame:
My pleasure, Bret Hart was a mentor to me when he didn’t have to be and in our wild and intense world of pro wrestling, there weren’t many “mentorship programs” back then -- He gave me guidance and I’ll always be grateful. Congrats my friend on your incredible accomplishment -- https://t.co/VEwSy5q9Wc— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) December 18, 2021
“I consider Dallas as one of my homes. Not only is it where I began my wrestling career, it is home to the Sportatorium, which is where a lot of my legacy begins,” Gordy told The News. “When you think wrestling in Dallas, you immediately think about the Von Erichs vs. the Freebirds, so I feel that this is going to be a very special occasion to have not only myself but the Von Erich boys on the same card.”
DDP gets emotional remembering Triple H’s Hall of Fame call: Broken Skull Sessions sneak peek
- Tay Conti deactivated her Twitter.
Where the earlier “47 Ronin” was adapted from a comic book series, the new film is an original script penned by John Swetnam, along with comic book writers Aimee Garcia (“Dexter,” “Robocop”) and A.J. Mendez.
The ensemble is pulled together by director Ron Yuan and producer Tim Kwok. Yuan is an Asian-American multi-hyphenate whose recent acting credits include Disney’s “Mulan” and Warner’s “The Accountant,” and whose latest feature-length directorial work was Lionsgate’s 2019 movie “Step Up China.”
- KEITA MURRAY TALKS BISEXUAL REPRESENTATION IN WRESTLING, TV WORK & more
- Surprising WWE returns of 2021: WWE Top 10, Dec. 19, 2021
- 2022 predictions, AEW in mainstream press, CyberFight finances LIVE Wrestlenomics Radio
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Watch: OVW TV 1166 - "Christmas Chaos 2021”
- JCW The Fight Before X-Mas