Brock Lesnar Signed With WWE Through August 2018, Says Dana White

If the UFC President is to be believed, Brock Lesnar's WWE contract could extend much further than anyone expected.

During an interview Friday with Dan Lebatard, UFC President Dana White unceremoniously revealed that he was told that Brock Lesnar's deal with World Wrestling Entertainment until August of 2018. There had been talks of a potential Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar superfight before Jones failed a drug test in relation to UFC 214.

"Well Lesnar was still under contract to the WWE until next August. Who knows what would have happened. I don't count my chickens any more, I'll tell you that. They didn't want to do that again. You saw what happened the last time he was under contract (and fought)," said White

Lesnar re-signed with WWE in March 2015 after being tempted by the idea of returning to MMA full-time. The word was that he signed a three-year contract that would extend him through WrestleMania 24 in April 2018. Of course, Lesnar would go on to compete in a UFC fight in 2016 anyway, punishing Mark Hunt in a fight that would later be overturned to a no-contest because of Lesnar's own drug test failures.

You can hear the full interview at this link. Lesnar, the current WWE Universal Champion on WWE's Raw brand, is taking time off before returning in November.

Please h/t Fightful.com when using this transcript.

From The Web