Here is your post-WWE/AEW fight size update for Friday, January 28, 2022.
- The opening segment saw Charlotte Flair get interrupted by a number of other Royal Rumble participants, all of whom wanted to explain why they're going to win the match. Sasha Banks then made her surprise return from injury and declared that she is ready to rumble.
- Ridge Holland returned to action after suffering a broken nose at WWE Day 1. He and Sheamus scored the win over Cesaro and Ricochet.
- After losing to Naomi in singles competition, Sonya Deville announced that she will be taking part in tomorrow's Royal Rumble match.
- Jinder Mahal and Shanky were guests on In Zayn but fell out of favor with the host when they revealed that they are big fans of Jackass. Shanky said he loves the Bungee Porta Potty.
Jinder and Shanky were then defeated by Rick Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura when Boogs hit Shanky with the Boogs Cruise. Pat McAfee compared it to Hulk Hogan lifting Andre The Giant.
- Teaming together for the first time in a year and a half, Big E and Kofi Kingston were able to defeat Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin.
- Ahead of their match at the Royal Rumble, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns exchanged words during the main event segment. Rollins tried to get into Reigns' head by calling him and his family embarrassments. Roman said he'll never forgive Seth for what he did to The Shield. Roman tried to attack, but once again, Seth was able to evade and escape unscathed.
- Jon Moxley picked up another win this evening, defeating Anthony Bowens. After the match, Bryan Danielson was shown watching Moxley from the back.
- Andrade El Idolo tried to recruit Darby Allin, but the young star says that his dignity cannot be bought.
.@AndradeElIdolo, along with his assistant @JoseAssistant, are insistent on recruiting ‘that kid’ @DarbyAllin for the expansion of his business ventures. Will Darby trade it all in for a supposedly lucrative contract with Andrade? It's #AEWRampage: #BeachBreak on TNT! pic.twitter.com/Zxob6TYyRx— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) January 29, 2022
- Brock Anderson and Lee Johnson lost their bout to FTR. During the proceedings, however, Arn Anderson punched Tully Blanchard when his former partner got a little too involved in the match.
- Jade Cargill defeated Julia Hart to retain the TBS Championship and extend her undefeated record to 26-0.
- After beating Private Party to retain the AEW Tag Titles, Jurassic Express were jumped by The Gunn Club who continue to push for a Championship opportunity.