Here is your fight size update for Sunday, August 8, 2021.
- Speaking with Variety, The Suicide Squad writer/director James Gunn shared some details about the HBO Max series, Peacemaker, starring John Cena. Here is what he said:
"Well, through the story, you learn where Peacemaker came from. There’s a moment in the movie where Bloodsport talks about his father and what his father was like, and you cut to a shot of Peacemaker, and Peacemaker nods. That’s the seed of the entire “Peacemaker” series. So we get to see Peacemaker with his father, who’s played by Robert Patrick, where he came from, what he’s done, what that means to him, and where he’s going after all of this. Because he’s not an evil person, he’s just a bad guy. He seems sort of irredeemable in the film. But I think that there’s more to him. We didn’t get a chance to know him [in “The Suicide Squad”] in the way we get to know some of the other characters. And so that’s what the whole show is about. I needed eight episodes to do it, at least."
- Buddy Murphy released a new vignette online.
“Me, Mighty Molly, and Super Stacy [Kiebler]. I think we would be a formidable trio. We also have the Hurricane. We have Shane Helms, the Hurricane Helms overseeing us. With Hurricane, Super Stacy, Mighty Molly, I think we would be quite a trio in the women’s tag division. I’m up for it. I’m ready, let’s go. Let’s get in the Nikkimobile.”
- Roman Reigns jumped on Twitter today to remind everyone that he believes he is levels above everyone else in the industry.
- The Suicide Squad, which stars John Cena, opened this weekend to $26.5 million domestically. Overseas it pulled in $35 million from 71 markets for a foreign tally of $45.7 million and global take of $72.2 million.
- AEW released the following video of Jade Cargill hyping up her match with Amber Nova on tomorrow's episode of AEW Dark: Elevation.
The #JadeBrand has been keeping busy making deals across the country, but @MarkSterlingEsq says @Jade_Cargill will return to action on #AEWDarkElevation THIS MONDAY at 7/6c - https://t.co/lBSV4sbfpB pic.twitter.com/FZQEBAEv7D— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 8, 2021
- Check out WWE.com's collection of the week's 25 coolest Instagram shots.
- In response to recent reports of WWE's recruitment strategy for NXT moving towards younger and taller talents, Matt and Nick Jackson updated their everchanging Twitter bio.
- Last night's WWE Supershow took place in Fort Myers, Florida and featured a match between Sami Zayn and Finn Balor. After the event, Zayn took to Twitter to share that John Cena watched and complimented him on his match. He wrote the following:
"John Cena watched my match with Finn Balor tonight in Fort Myers, FL and was raving about how great it was, and it made me feel good."
- MLW shared a video of Tom Lawlor accepting a recent challenge from the Von Erichs for War Chamber. The match will take place in Dallas, Texas on September 11, 2021.
- WWE will be returning to Puerto Rico for a Supershow on October 2 at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico. Per the ticketing site, the event will only be accessible to those vaccinated against COVID 19.
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look at John Cena's most surprising teammates.