Here is your post-WWE SmackDown and AEW Dynamite fight size update for Friday, May 28, 2021.
- Cardi B's 'Up' will be the theme song for this year's SummerSlam. As reported on Fightful Select, Fightful has learned from WWE sources that they're hoping they can bring Cardi B in as a host for the show. We have not been told if it is a done deal, but as of yesterday, a location was not definite.
- SmackDown kicked off with The Usos defeating The Street Profits. This was the brothers' first match together in over a year. Prior to going out, Jey Uso assured Roman Reigns that he was still with him. The Tribal Chief advised Jey to tell his brother that.
Later in the night, Jimmy and Jey paid a visit to Adam Pearce and got themselves a Tag Team Championship opportunity on next week's show.
- Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan were defeated by the Women's Tag Team Champions, Natalya and Tamina. They will now have to regroup as they look to work their way into title contention.
- Bayley joined commentary to see Bianca Belair defeat Carmella. After the match, the two rivals stared each other down as WWE's Role Model continues her pursuit of the Women's Championship.
- Seth Rollins celebrated his birthday on SmackDown by applauding himself for attacking and hospitalizing Cesaro. He says that if the Swiss Superman never steps foot in the ring again, the only people to blame are Cesaro and you, the fans.
- On the verge of defeating the Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens was struck by Commander Azeez in the throat. Backstage, Owens asked Adam Pearce for a Championship match against Crews with Azeez banned from ringside. Pearce agreed and made it official for next week.
- Roman Reigns isn't too pleased about his right-hand man being in a tag team title match with the man who refused to acknowledge him. Reigns reminds Jey that he has been in the main event every week with him and the first week back with his brother, he is opening the show. He doesn't want people to forget which Uso he is again.
- Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Chad Gable in singles action. King Corbin came down and stole back his crown during Shinsuke's match, but was attacked from behind by Rick Boogs, allowing The King of Strong Style to recapture his crown.
- Rey Mysterio was attacked prior to his Tag Title match against The Dirty Dawgs. Much like his father did at WrestleMania Backlash, Dominik went out and faced the challengers alone. Dominik was able to weather the storm for long enough until a late match distraction by Rey's music allowed him to pick up the win and retain the belts.
The Usos then came out for a face-to-face staredown as the show went off the air.
- Darby Allin defeated Cezar Bononi in the opening match of the night. He and Sting were attacked by Bononi, his Wingmen, and Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky after the bell. The Dark Order came out and made the save. Allin and Sting will face Sky and Page at Double or Nothing this Sunday.
- Paul Wight conducted the official weigh-in between Cody Rhodes and Anthony Ogogo ahead of their Double or Nothing Match. The American Dream came in at 218 pounds while Ogogo topped him slightly at 219.
- Adam Page defeated Joey Janela with the Buckshot Lariat. After the match, he was confronted by Brian Cage and Team Taz but was able to talk his way out of the ring by asking Cage if he really needs other people's help. The Machine also agreed to face Hangman at Double or Nothing without his team by his side.
- Ahead of their tag team title match at Double or Nothing, Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston sent a message to The Young Bucks.
- Christian Cage and Powerhouse Hobbs brawled backstage and had to be pulled apart. Both will be part of the Casino Battle Royal at Double or Nothing.
- Orange Cassidy rejected Kenny Omega's offer to withdraw from this Sunday's World Championship match for an opportunity at a later date. Omega would attack but would get hit with the Orange Punch. As Orange tried to pick up the belt, PAC stepped on the title and got him to back away before eating an Orange Punch of his own.
- Jade Cargill is now working with Mark Sterling. Unlike Matt Hardy, he only takes a fee when his clients win and get paid. He set up a match with KiLynn King, which Jade won in convincing fashion.
- Miro defeated Dante Martin to retain his TNT Championship. He and Lance Archer brawled after the bell, building anticipation for their match at Double or Nothing.
- AEW celebrated the 1-year anniversary of Hikaru Shida as Women's World Champion. They presented her with a new gold-plated, diamond-encrusted title. She was then interrupted by Dr. Britt Baker who says that she will be ushering in a new era in wrestling.
- Eric Bischoff hosted a celebration of The Inner Circle. All 5 members shared their love for the others and say some words in case this is their final time as a group. MJF and The Pinnacle appeared on the big screen and had beat up Dean Malenko. Inner Circle went to his rescue but were ambushed. Stereo-piledrivers to every member were delivered to end the show.