Here is your Fight Size Update for Sunday, September 26, 2021.
- During a Q&A on the AdFreeShows Patreon, Jonathan Coachman credited Dwayne Johnson for everything he learned, performance-wise, during his time with WWE. Here is what he said:
"I would be remiss to say that I would be in this position that I am right now here today without my first 10 years at the WWE. Even the second stint, which was not great, but at least it can kind of bridge the time that I had. But as far as what I learned, I give The Rock all the credit for my timing, for promos, for all of the performing aspects. People don't understand when you get into sports, whether you're doing SportsCenter, or your own radio show or podcast, whatever the case might be, it is about timing. It is about making sure that you let the audience breathe and let them in on what they're doing. So when I got to hang out with The Rock for, really, the better part of two and a half years, the things I would learn, the things that I would hear, and the things that he would teach me... The biggest thing that he taught me, that I stick to to this day, is always do things to put other guys over. That's what he always did from the very first night I was ever on TV in Chicago on SmackDown. He put me over like a million bucks which he didn't have to do. I was standing there holding a microphone. So I hope anybody that does wrestling from a talent perspective that tries to get out and go into sports like I did, that they really focus on what they learned from a performance standpoint because that's what sportscasting is, it's a performance with the sports knowledge that you have to have. But it's certainly performance, so I think that's the biggest thing that I've taken away from my time in wrestling into the sports world."
- Even though neither man won, Kenny Omega is happy with the result of his match with Bryan Danielson at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam.
Finally watched back #AEWDynamite . My favorite part wasn’t further cementing my legacy as the greatest performer of all time. It was ensuring that Bryan left without a W and hobbled home looking like a lump of ground beef.— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) September 25, 2021
- The Street Profits have no intention of leaving Extreme Rules without the SmackDown Tag Team Titles. Angelo Dawkins dares The Bloodline to try and jump Montez again tonight now that he's around.
- Ahead of her match with Liv Morgan at Extreme Rules, Carmella joined The Bump to talk about her growing rivalry with the former Riott Squad member. During the interview, she addressed the narrowly avoided broken nose during her match two weeks ago and said that Liv is insecure and still trying to figure out who she is. Here are her full remarks:
"Liv was trying to ruin my face because she's clearly so jealous of me. She's so insecure. I'm a strong independent woman. I know what I want and Liv is just a little girl playing dress-up. She's jealous that I know who I am and she's still trying to figure it out."
- According to PWInsider, Carmella and Morgan's match is currently slated for the Extreme Rules Kickoff show. WWE has not confirmed the report as of yet. Regardless, the encounter with Carmella will mark Liv's second only singles match on a WWE PPV.
- Regardless of the opponent, Roman Reigns says he doesn't get distracted and always operates at the highest level. He will be defending his Universal Championship at WWE Extreme Rules tonight against The Demon Finn Balor.
- Check out WWE.com's collection of the week's 25 coolest Instagram shots.
- Becky Lynch sat down with Muscle and Fitness for a new feature on her fitness routine and getting back into shape after having a baby. In regards to the latter, Lynch wonders if a lot of it has to do with being home and having more time for self-care as opposed to being on the road and having little downtime.
“So, I wonder if a lot of it is sleeping in my own bed every night, just because in WWE, we are on the go so much. We are on the road and we got to eat out, and so now, I get to sleep in my own bed. But you know, I stay in my own bed, and can cook, and do all of those things to live a healthier lifestyle that are more challenging on the road. I also just wonder if it’s running around as a busy mom, because I am training the same way as I’ve always trained, quite intense.”
She continued on to say how she used to be very self-conscious of her body but has learned to appreciate it and herself in a whole different way.
“I just feel like I appreciate my body more. I go ‘well, you know what? I’ve created a life. This is great, this is great.’ I don’t really care how it looks anymore, you know what I mean? If that makes sense? I’ve always had body issues, and I was always self-conscious about showing my stomach off. And now, I’m just real proud of the function of it, of everything it can do. So I don’t know if it’s a mental thing that just turns into a physical thing. If that makes any sense?”
- If you're in the United States, the first three episodes of the Starz wrestling drama, Heels, are now available to watch online and for free.
- WWE shared a video of their most must-see Extreme Rules matches.
Fightful will have live coverage of WWE Extreme Rules tonight beginning at 7 p.m. EST. We will also have a post-show review on our YouTube channel immediately following its conclusion.