Rusev is apparently back in the match with the Undertaker
Last week, Rusev was announced as being in a Casket Match against the Undertaker at the Greatest Royal Rumble event on April 27th. He did an interview with TMZ Sports saying he would bury the Undertaker and said the Undertaker was past his prime unlike Rusev. Then WWE announced he was taken out of the match and replaced by Chris Jericho because Rusev's wife Lana did not want him in a match with that stipulation.
Today, Lana tweeted the following which was retweeted by WWE.
WWE then announced Rusev was back in the match with the Undertaker. The following is an excerpt from the press release at WWE.com.
In a stunning turn of events, The Undertaker will battle Rusev in a Casket Match at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27.
Originally, the Casket Match was set to be between the two Superstars, but Lana asked for The Bulgarian Brute to be removed from the grisly bout, and he was replaced with Chris Jericho, as The Ravishing Russian expressed concern over her husband taking on The Demon of Death Valley. And for good reason.
After all, the Casket Match undoubtedly belongs to The Undertaker, as The Deadman has claimed victory in several of these harrowing contests, wherein a Superstar only wins when he gets his opponent into the casket and closes the lid.
However, now it appears that Lana’s faith in the tremendous ability of her husband has won out, and she has changed her mind. She explained, via tweet, that WWE officials have granted her request to allow Rusev to compete against The Phenom at the Greatest Royal Rumble event, after all
Chris Jericho has been removed from the match but was originally scheduled for the Greatest Royal Rumble before being moved to the Casket Match. He said in an interview this week that he has to keep "rolling with the punches" when it comes to last minute changes.