Chael Sonnen Claims WWE Wanted Him To "Double Cross" UFC

Chael Sonnen says WWE wanted him on Monday Night Raw.

Former UFC fighter and current Bellator fighter Chael Sonnen has previously stated WWE wanted him to compete in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. He said the offer was for five million dollars but he did not take it because of a communication breakdown and being under contract with UFC. In a more recent interview with Below the Belt, Sonnen says WWE called him before one of his bouts against Anderson Silva.

"I had one piece of contact with the WWE in terms of doing business and it was right before I fought Anderson Silva. The offer was 'you no call no show that event. You can't show up to the Anderson fight and you can't warn the UFC and we'll wire you a million dollars.' The other part of the offer...'You beat Anderson Silva, you show up to Raw on Monday night with their belt, and we'll give you five million dollars,'" said Sonnen. "But I had to give my answer right then. Nothing in writing...and I could not warn (UFC President) Dana White...'you pull the double cross and we'll pay you for it,'" he added.

Sonnen fought Anderson Silva two times, once in 2010 and again in 2012. The first Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale was in 2014. So it is unclear how the two stories fit together since Sonnen said the double cross conversation was his only time talking business with WWE.

The full interview can be heard on Below the Belt on Showtime. The comments by Sonnen are available in the video at the top of this page.

More