Here's your fight-size update for the evening of July 4, 2020:
- Chris Jericho hypes up the upcoming match between him and Orange Cassidy for next week's episode of Dynamite, which is the second night of Fyter Fest.
- Former NWA Mid-America star Les Thatcher went to social media to look back on his pro wrestling debut, which took place on this day 60 years ago:
60 years ago today a 19 year old kid from Cincinnati climbed into a wrestling ring at the fairgrounds in Blue Hills, Maine to have his 1st pro wrestling match, & so it began. That kid is still chasing his dream and along the way he hopes he has brought some respect, class, & creativity to the industry that he has such passion & love for. He is proud of his legacy & of his contributions to our sport. He thanks many for holding his hand as he learned & is extremely proud of the hands he has held along the way. The good Lord has allowed him to walk among the giants of his business as an equal. Through all the ups and the downs he has maintained his drive for perfection., and given his heart & soul. Damn, but the hard work never ends. Through the years it has been one hell of a run, & I have some things left to accomplish, so let's keep on keep'ln on! Everyone have a great 4th of July
- Natalya shares her favorite wrestling treasures and what makes it special to her.
- A GoFundMe to help out Larry Csonka's daughters has been set up and you can donate to it at this link.
- A GoFundMe for “The Headliner” Chris Michaels, who recently had to undergo reconstructive surgery on both his shoulder and biceps, can be seen here.
- Dragon Gate announced its August schedule at this link.
- Alexa Bliss talks about her favorite horror movie "The Shining" on the Dead Meat podcast.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.