Here is your fight-size update for Friday, March 5, 2021:
"I know the value of [Wight], he's got one thing you can't teach, experience and who he is as a character, understanding comedy, drama, and when to be violent.
"I also know that he's a great mentor for some of our bigger guys that we have, Lance Archer and Luchasaurus, those types of guys and most importantly I know how dangerous a motivated Big Show can be."
- Speaking with talkSPORT, Natalya called Liv Morgan an underrated leader.
“Liv’s got some leadership skills that if I was a casual fan watching, because she looks very young and immature on TV because that’s kind of her character where she’s this girl who is trying to figure out who she is, but she is solid.
“She’s really solid in a lot of ways. And she puts in the work. She comes in and trains with me two days a week. She wants to grow and she wants to be better.
- The former No Way Jose revealed on Twitter that he’ll be a father soon.
Best news ever! Beyond excited! I’m gonna be a dad! pic.twitter.com/UThhSvdpRI— Levis ⁷ (@LevyValenz) March 5, 2021
- Cody Rhodes shared a touching moment with Tully Blanchard and FTR and thanked those that made Tully's moment on Wednesday possible.
Differences with Shawn aside...hats off to everybody who helped bring this to TNT - simply a legend. Hats off to TK, Dax, Cash, Chris H, Jeff, Conrad and all parties responsible for making it happen. https://t.co/UBroaqqNcD pic.twitter.com/Z8qKkxS6rS— Cody (@CodyRhodes) March 5, 2021
- Speaking with Comic Book, Shayna Baszler opened up about wanting to bring fear back to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship.
“I think that we will continue to carry that flag all through 2020," Baszler said. "This is going to be... We've done it. It's a long-winded answer to say more of the same, but that's what we set out to do when we said we're winning back the titles. We're going to go and take these and make people know these are the most important titles and the Tag Team Champions are the most feared people to get in the ring with. And we've succeeded, so we're just going to keep doing that."
- Here's an update on Riptide Wrestling:
RIPTIDE has no return show planned at present. We have also made the decision to end all previous existing narrative threads. This means our three championships are now vacated.
As it has been nearly a year since our last show, we are holding onto the hope that RIPTIDE can return in a safe, post-COVID world, but until then, we wish everyone a safe and healthy 2021.
- Rodolfo Macias, who wrestled as Senor Tormenta in Northern Mexico during the 60s, 70s and 80s, passed away on 2/22 at the age of 85.
- Juan Flores, who wrestled as Tarzan Flores passed away on 2/20.
- Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, John Silver opened up about being an extra for WWE.
“No, because just the way that they do stuff. [In WWE] If you’re an extra, that means nothing, unless you are an extra that’s 6 foot 6 and jacked. If you’re not, they don’t care. How many people have been signed because they got squashed and WWE liked that? I knew it wasn’t very likely. Back in the day, they used to have you do matches during the day, and they would see if they liked you then. I’ve done extra work a bunch of times and I’ve had one match during the day against Alex. We had a good match it went 5 minutes, but I’m looking around and I don’t think anyone there is in a position to hire anyone. People said they liked it, but I never thought anything would come from it.”
- Today, WWE stock closed at $54.50 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.