Here is your post-AEW fight size update for Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
- The TBS era of Dynamite kicked off with a World Title clash between Hangman Adam Page and Bryan Danielson. The two men fought to a 60-minute time limit draw the first time around and brought judges with them this time to ensure the same thing couldn't happen. Regardless, they were not needed as Hangman was able to pin Bryan after a Buckshot Lariat just over 30 minutes into the bout.
- CM Punk confronted MJF prior to the start of his match with Captain Shawn Dean, but The Pinnacle leader ran away before things got physical. The two men exchanged heated words, but MJF declined when Punk challenged him to a match. Instead, he volunteered Wardlow to face Punk next week on Dynamite.
- Wardlow picked up another impressive victory, hitting his opponent with 5 devastating powerbombs before mercifully ending the match.
- Jade Cargill defeated Ruby Soho with an avalanche-Jaded to become to first-ever TBS Champion.
- After defeating Brian Pillman Jr, Malakai Black was confronted by the Lucha Bros (who were coming out for their match), but the lights went out and when they came back on, Black was on the ramp and the Lucha Bros were in the ring.
- In the main event of the show, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus defeated the Lucha Bros to become the new AEW World Tag Team Champions. The match came to an end when Jungle Boy countered a Penta Driver into a roll-up for the pin.