Here's your fight-size update for the morning of August 9, 2020:
- With Kevin O’Reilly leaving TNT due to recent shakeups at WarnerMedia, AEW EVP Cody says there's nothing to worry about when it comes to AEW's future.
No. We have been blessed to have had so many viewers(even opposed), thus the 3+ year extension. It’s a great partnership!— Cody (@CodyRhodes) August 8, 2020
- WWE announced the schedule for its new series "WWE Timeline" on the WWE Network:
- August 9: The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
- August 16: Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
- August 19: AJ Styles vs. John Cena
- August 26: Christian vs. Randy Orton
- Now what could Jay White be thinking about?
8/29— Switchblade (@JayWhiteNZ) August 9, 2020
- Zeda Zhang describes what it's like to take a wrestling bump after not doing so for quite some time.
When you haven’t been able to train in a while and you come back and take your first bump...OMFG, they aren’t kidding saying a bump is like the impact of getting hit by a car. I feel like I was in a car accident. -- This is what I’ve put my body through this whole time?! --— Zeda Zhang (@TheZedaZhang) August 9, 2020
- A GoFundMe to help out Larry Csonka's daughters has been set up and you can donate to it at this link.
- A GoFundMe for “The Headliner” Chris Michaels, who recently had to undergo reconstructive surgery on both his shoulder and biceps, can be seen here.
- Joe Hendry takes you on a tour through his arsenal of moves including the fallaway driver and Hendry Lock in the first edition of ROH Making the Moveset.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.