Dalton Castle is sad to see ROH ending.
Castle has been with ROH since 2013 and has won the ROH World Title and Six-Man Tag Team Titles during his time in the company. On the most recent episode of television, he captured the ROH TV Title.
Appearing on The Gentleman's Club (released on November 11), Castle reflected on the final set of ROH tapings.
"It all feels meaningless, actually. We just did a recording like three days ago and it was weird. We just showed up knowing that our jobs were ending," he said. "I'm proud of what I've done. We still have one more pay-per-view with fans in December. I'm excited for that. I'm not mad at that. Yes, maybe there were some decisions along the way with hindsight that probably led to this moment, but they've given me so much and I've had such a great time. I'm still wrestling. I'm sad to see something that I've loved for so long end."
ROH previously announced that they will no longer be running live events, with the exception of Final Battle on December 11, until April with Super Card of Honor. Not only will ROH go on a live event hiatus, talent contracts will not be renewed if they are expiring at the end of the year but those still under contract will be paid through March 31
Castle confirmed his contract is up at the end of December.
"I only have two months left on my contract before I'm completely fired. Ring of Honor is giving us all the boot at the end of the year," he said with a chuckle.
Castle has not been confirmed for ROH Final Battle. He has already started taking independent dates.
You can find Fightful's watch along of classic ROH matches, every Tuesday at 6pm ET on the Distraction YouTube channel.
If you use any of the quotes above, please credit the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.