Here is your post-Monday Night Raw fight size update for October 3, 2022:
- Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and IYO SKY) enjoyed a successful night on Monday. Kai defeated Candice LeRae in a singles match, and Bayley helped SKY beat Alexa Bliss. After the bell, the trio brutally attacked Bliss, Asuka, and Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair. Bayley proceeded to climb to the top of the ladder and pose with Belair's title, sending her a message ahead of their match at Extreme Rules.
- WWE United States Champion Bobby Lashley refused to become complacent, and he's looking for someone with drive. Mustafa Ali confronted him and told him that he's done waiting. Ali demanded an opportunity, and Lashley said that he'd get it. The two stars subsequently battled in a non-title match. Despite a valiant effort from Ali, Lashley made him pass out in the Hurt Lock. After the match, Seth Rollins attacked Lashley and floored him with a Stomp on the title. Likewise, he hit Ali with a Stomp of his own. Ali later shared an image of Lashley showing him some respect.
still standing. respect. pic.twitter.com/EBDowqsEGn— Mustafa Ali / Adeel Alam (@AliWWE) October 4, 2022
- The Miz expressed his frustration about Dexter Lumis' ongoing torment and wanted to make sure that his birthday party next week is secure. Lumis snuck up behind the former WWE Champion, and he clearly has something sinister in mind. Later in the show, Johnny Gargano found The Miz knocked out backstage, and he was holding a picture of himself and Lumis.
- The Judgment Day kicked off the show. Finn Balor looked back on Edge's forced retirement and his return to the ring. He noted that you can only outrun fate for so long because judgment catches up with all of us. Balor vowed to show Edge that he doesn't belong in a ring when they clash at WWE Extreme Rules. Damian Priest made it clear that The Judgment Day will always rise against their opponents. Dominik Mysterio stated that he hates his father, but he has a new family now. Balor ended the message by saying that the olive branch is extended to AJ Styles, but he'll do bad things if he has to.
- Priest and Balor battled AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio in a tag team match. The two teams took the fight to each other, and Styles took an early advantage. The Judgment Day duo gained the upper hand, but the two teams kept going back and forth. Dominik distracted Rey at ringside, and Rhea Ripley capitalized by blindsiding Rey. Balor took advantage of the situation and pinned Styles with the Coup de Grâce. Styles expressed his frustration and shoved Rey down after the match. The Judgment Day proceeded to attack Styles to add insult to injury.
- Rollins faced off with Matt Riddle ahead of their Fight Pit Match at WWE Extreme Rules. Rollins vowed to make the Fight Pit synonymous with his name. He stated that he will show the world that he is the most dangerous man in the history of this industry on Saturday. Riddle interrupted and reminded Rollins that he hasn't been in a Fight Pit Match before. He then stated that he's going to kill Rollins at Extreme Rules. He then said that Rollins come up second to Becky Lynch, he comes up second to Roman Reigns, and he'll come up second at Extreme Rules.
- UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier appeared via satellite and shared his thoughts on the rivalry between Rollins and Riddle. He referenced his own history in the cage and told both men that he'd be the referee for their match.
- One week after her return, Candice LeRae battled Dakota Kai in a singles match. She showcased her in-ring prowess, but some late interference from Bayley helped Kai clinch the win.
- Otis faced Johnny Gargano in a singles match. The Alpha Academy star overpowered the former NXT Champion throughout the bout, but Gargano persevered. He took the fight to Austin Theory, who was at the commentary table. Theory fired back by hitting Gargano with his Money in the Back briefcase, and Otis slammed Gargano for the win. Braun Strowman ran to the ring and saved Gargano from a post-match beatdown.
- Strowman then faced Chad Gable in their scheduled match. Gable surprisingly gained the upper hand and seemingly had Strowman on the ropes. But in the end, the former Universal Champion scored the win with a Powerbomb.
- When asked about Rollins' attack, Lashley vowed to destroy Rollins next week. He noted that he'd put his WWE United States Championship on the line.
- Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair and Bayley signed the contract for their Ladder Match at WWE Extreme Rules. Bayley discussed how fans gave up on her years ago, and she had to do something to stop spiraling. Belair noted that Bayley was trying to be something that she wasn't. She also claimed that she'll never be "The EST." Damage CTRL proceeded to attack Alexa Bliss and Asuka backstage before Bayley and Belair brawled in the ring.
- Sami Zayn joked with Jimmy Uso backstage, and Jey Uso showed up. Jey reminded them that they were there to handle business ahead of Roman Reigns' return to Raw next week. The Bloodline bumped into The Street Profits, and Zayn told him that Reigns will be in the house next week, so they should acknowledge him. Montez Ford responded and stated that he doesn't own the arena. Jey threatened Ford and stated that he'd give him a second walking boot. Solo Sikoa stepped up to Angelo Dawkins, and they agreed to a match.
- Angelo Dawkins faced Solo Sikoa in a singles match. Ford, wearing a boot on his foot, was in Dawkins' corner, and he tried his best to fire up his partner. Dawkins delivered an impressive performance, and he was somewhat aided by the bickering between Sami Zayn and Jey Uso, which proved to be a distraction throughout the match. Late in the bout, Zayn got in Dawkins' face, which helped Sikoa clinch the win with an emphatic slam.
- In a backstage promo, Edge stated that the veil of his character has been dropped since he came back. He noted that it's his choice when to quit, and he loves his job. Edge said that it's becoming harder on his family, and he can see the fear in her wife's eyes because she wants him to come out of this whole. He turned his attention to Judgment Day and admitted that they keep coming back. Edge stated that it's getting harder to keep coming back when they keep putting him down. He stated that the group's existence is fault, and they're going to war on Saturday.
- On Raw Talk, Johnny Gargano stated that Theory will always be nothing more than his lackey. He stated that the Barclay's Center is Johnny Wrestling's house, and he's going to remind Theory that he's his lackey next week.
- In a WWE Digital Exclusive, Rey Mysterio took responsibility for costing his team their match, but he also noted that Rhea Ripley and Dominik were at fault. The veteran made it clear that Dominik saying he hated him hurt him deeply.
EXCLUSIVE: Following his defeat alongside @AJStylesOrg, @reymysterio takes responsibility for costing his partner the match, but also wants to share that blame with @RheaRipley_WWE and the recent behavior of his son, @DomMysterio35. #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/FS53CJCfTT— WWE (@WWE) October 4, 2022
- Check out the card for next week's episode of WWE Raw by clicking here.