Here is your fight size update for Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Ahead of their TNT Championship match tonight, Darby Allin has warned Jungle Boy that tonight should be the night where he flips the switch into a more aggressive persona.
- Former WWE Women's Champion Becky Lynch recently called the limited edition Sami For Syria shirt her new favorite shirt.
- Speaking of former WWE Women's Champions, Ronda Rousey announced today that she is 4 months pregnant and WWE issued the following on their website congratulating her.
The Baddest Baby on the Planet is on the way!
Former Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey posted a new video on her YouTube channel today announcing that she and husband, MMA fighter Travis Browne, are expecting their first child!
Rousey adds in the video that the happy couple will share much more along the way, teasing an upcoming gender reveal throughout the announcement. For now, we just know this little bundle of joy is due this September.
Congratulations to Ronda and Travis on the start of their incredible journey into parenthood!
- Kevin Nash recently defended Stephanie McMahon and Triple H on Twitter.
What the fuck are you talking about? Paul Levesque and Steph are two people I love and know. Being a member of the Republican party doesn't require you to be a racist. We're great friends and capitalist. I think they're track record and community service speaks volumes of them— Kevin Nash (@RealKevinNash) April 21, 2021
- Speaking of Kevin Nash, he and Shawn Michaels will be the focus of a new WWE Untold documentary being released on May 2.
No pair of Superstars defined WWE’s New Generation Era in the 1990s quite like Diesel and Shawn Michaels, collectively known as Two Dudes with Attitudes.
Together, Big Daddy Cool and The Heartbreak Kid won championships, ascended to the main event, and instilled a bit of attitude into WWE programming long before the phrase “Austin 3:16” was ever uttered.
The WWE Universe will soon learn the inside story of Diesel and HBK’s influential partnership with the world premiere of WWE Untold: Two Dudes with Attitudes, streaming Sunday, May 2, exclusively on Peacock in the U.S. and on WWE Network everywhere else.
This new documentary takes WWE fans back to the Dudes’ formation in 1993, when Michaels saw something in a young Kevin Nash that not many others could see. With one phone call, both of their lives would change forever, as Nash risked everything to leave WCW and enter WWE as The Heartbreak Kid’s imposing bodyguard, Diesel. What followed was a meteoric rise to the top, a bit of hellraising and a lifelong friendship.
Michaels and Nash sit down to reveal how their time together included not only lessons for the squared circle, but for life outside the ring as well. The episode will also feature interviews with WWE Executive Director Bruce Prichard and author David Shoemaker, who share their insights on Diesel and HBK’s dominant run in the ’90s.
- Speaking with Wrestling Headlines, Tasha Steelz said the following about her current run as one half of The Knockouts Tag Team Champions:
"I mean, we off the Richter scale you know I’m saying? We are way off the scale. We setting the bars around here. We’re raising them higher and higher and you can’t Limbo underneath it. You can’t jump over it. You have got to try and pair up to Fire’N’Flava but that’s why we’re calling ourselves the best women’s tag team ever. Anywhere ever. We don’t care if your promotion ends with an E, we don’t care if your promotion ends with a W, an H, NWA, we don’t care what women’s tag team is in what division or what company. We are the best and we prove it every single week. On the microphone or in the ring. This is best why we’re the best. We are the absolute best."
- Roku recently announced that they will be unveiling original programming including all of the original series that were initially broadcast on Quibi. This includes WWE Fight Like A Girl
- Tomorrow's episode of New Japan Pro Wrestling on The Roku Channel will feature:
New Japan Road : Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi vs. Guerrillas of Destiny, Toru Yano, Colt Cabana, Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
Golden Ace—the pairing of superstars Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi—get a shot at the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles, taking on newly-crowned champions Guerrillas of Destiny. NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champions Los Ingobernables de Japon defend against the fun-loving trio of Toru Yano, Colt Cabana, and Ryusuke Taguchi.
- Yesterday, legendary music producer Jim Steinman passed away. Steinman worked on the 1985 WWE record The Wrestling Album, composing and producing Hulk Hogan's Theme on the record.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.94 per share. WWE will be reporting their quarterly earnings tomorrow.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch