Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, January 6, 2021:
- Fightful Select reported earlier today there was a plan for Damian Priest to be called up to the main roster last week.
Today, Wrestlevotes noted that they'd heard of a potential NXT call-up that was set for this week to participate in the Kevin Owens-Roman Reigns storyline. We can't speak to his participation in the storyline, but Fightful has learned that Damian Priest was being planned for a call up as of earlier this week.
- Major League Wrestling recently announced that they are working on their plans for a 2021 Super Series event. Last year's events saw the promotion collaborate with AAA Lucha Libre.
Following the success of the MLW / AAA Super Series, league officials have begun to map out plans for the next Super Series.
Due to the pandemic, plans for the ’21 co-promoted supercard had been on pause indefinitely. However, with optimism about the pandemic possibly coming to an end in 2021, league officials have set in motion the initial stages of framing out the next Super Series.
While early in the process, the league is scheduling meetings with several prominent promoters around the world about participation and possibly hosting the Super Series.
“One of the big questions I get asked a lot is what if MLW did something with this organization or that promotion,” said Court Bauer. “We are looking at this in a lot of ways as we build long-term relationships. It’s a very exciting and unpredictable moment in the sport and that’s a good thing, so buckle up and be ready.”
- In case you missed it, Mick Foley called for Vince McMahon to remove Donald Trump from the WWE Hall of Fame.
Hey Vince - how about throwing this sorry son of a bitch out of our Hall of Fame?@VinceMcMahon— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) January 6, 2021
- Pro wrestling collides with pop-punk in the new video for Good Friend’s Erin Drinks on Shift. Sent along to us by Red Scare Industries
- CMLL landed a new tv deal with Heraldo.
-- ¡Ahora vive la emoción del CMLL en Heraldo TV!— Lucha Libre CMLL (@CMLL_OFICIAL) January 6, 2021
No te pierdas a partir de este Sábado las transmisiones de La Mejor Lucha Libre del Mundo todos los Sábados a partir de las 7:00 p.m.
-- Canal 10.1 TV Abierta 151 Izzi 161 SKY @heraldodemexico pic.twitter.com/2cpuv6TJxd
- Check out the full cards for all of the action across three promotions, Major League Wrestling, AEW, and NXT at this link.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.
- Also, subscribe to Fightful on YouTube