Here is your fight size update for Saturday, August 14, 2021.
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Tony Khan revealed that Fuego Del Sol didn't know he would be presented with a contract after his match on Rampage.
“That was a complete shoot,” said Khan. “Fuego had no idea that was going to happen. Sammy was the only person I told, and Fuego was legitimately surprised to receive the contract he’s been dreaming of and chasing.”
- Earlier this week, Jake Hager said he'd bet $20,000 that Olympic Gold Medal-winning wrestler Gable Steveson couldn't take him down. The NCAA Champion responded by saying that he could do it in 5 seconds, but also that he didn't know who Hager was.
Steveson has remarked on the matter again, saying the following:
Y’all thought I was gonna let a dude name “Jack Swagger” come in my mentions and diss me.. ----— Gable Steveson (@GableSteveson) August 14, 2021
- Dixie Carter shared her appreciating for Christian Cage and AEW in a new Twitter post.
This makes me very happy. I will never forget how special it was when @Christian4Peeps 1st became @IMPACTWRESTLING World Champ. I always hated losing him to @wwe. Welcome home Christian & massive props to @AEW for allowing these type of matches to happen. #makingwrestlingfunagain https://t.co/kAmnBKo6kg— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) August 14, 2021
- While AAA, AEW, IMPACT, and NJPW see talent move between their shows, Ring of Honor remains on the outside looking in. The promotion tweeted today asking fans who they'd like to see them work with if they opened the "forbidden door."
If ROH were to open the “forbidden door” who would you like to see us work with?— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) August 14, 2021
- After losing the IMPACT World Title to Christian Cage on the debut episode of AEW Rampage, Kenny Omega is not happy and has put everyone on notice.
Not a cheerful ride to the airport. Baggage is light and I feel so cheated and disrespected. You’re all on notice. I’m taking this personally.— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) August 14, 2021
- Nikki Bella plans on being at SummerSlam next weekend and asked for help deciding what to wear to the annual summer spectacular.
Hhmmm looking through my closet and deciding what to wear to SummerSlam next week??? Thoughts? N— Nikki & Brie (@BellaTwins) August 14, 2021
- WWE has announced a number of shows for the first half of October (via Wrestle Zone).
- Oct 1 – Friday Night Smackdown (New Orleans, LA – Smoothie King Center)
- Oct 3 – WWE Supershow (Lexington, KY – Rupp Arena)
- Oct 4 – Monday Night RAW (Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena)
- Oct 15 – Friday Night Smackdown (Ontario, CA – Toyota Arena)
- Oct 16 – WWE Supershow (Rio Rancho, NM – Rio Rancho Event Center)
- Oct 17 – WWE Supershow (El Paso, TX – Don Haskins Center)
- Oct 18 – Monday Night RAW (Sacramento, CA – Golden 1 Center)
- Chris Jericho responded to a Twitter user who was not a fan of his commentary on AEW Rampage.
Suck it. (Said in a whisper) https://t.co/sHmgdzvoax— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) August 14, 2021
- Alex Abrahantes talks about the debut of Rampage in this post-show video.
- Chelsea Green shared the following story on the most recent episode of her Green with Envy podcast. In it, she talks about breaking her arm, Billie Kay taking care of her, and going commando. Here is what she said (If you use the quotes below, please credit the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription):
"I broke my arm. So let's skip past that part and let's go to the part where I am in the locker room, in the SmackDown locker room at WWE, and I'm in gear, and my arm is snapped in half. I needed to get changed out of my ring gear before I headed to the hospital. Could I have gone to the hospital in my ring gear? Yes, I've already done it before. No big deal, but the fish nets on me and my boots and everything. It's just tight. It's uncomfortable. I know how long I'm going to be in the ER for, it's not my first rodeo. So I wanted pants on, you know, sue me, I wanted some pants on.
Now one thing that you should learn about me is that I don't wear underwear. I don't care if it's wrestling gear, workout gear, jeans, a dress. I don't like wearing fucking underwear. Sue me, okay. I would rather go commando. I would rather feel the breeze. I've always been this way. My friends know it, my family knows it, Matt knows it, and now, well, the locker room knows it. You see you where I'm going from here.
I come back to the locker room and my girl, Jess McKay, also known as, or formerly known as Billie Kay, is by my side holding my hand, opening up my bag, getting my pants, getting my T shirt and getting me ready to go to the hospital. I realize in this moment, oh shit, I'm not wearing underwear and the entire locker room is standing around me, basically in a semicircle, trying to figure out how they can help undress me.
Okay, normally that'd be okay, like t*ts out. That's fine, right, that's fine. But sweaty post-match v*g out, I don't know that that's something that these women needed. So I say to them, can you get my pants and my shirt and my bra and all that stuff out of my bag, and let me just go pee.
So, they do and I go pee. I've got, you know, my broken arm and I take off my gear. I managed to do that all by myself. But Jess is holding my pants. After I finished taking off my tights and everything, the girls had taken off my boots. I think like Bayley and Bianca, they're amazing, they had taken off my boots and my sweaty socks and my knee pads, and it's gross and not something I ever want anyone to have to do, but they did it.
Anyway, I've taken off my tights and my gear bottoms by myself. But this is the moment, Jess asked me, Hey Hon, where's your underwear? I don't have any, so I have to walk out, crunched over in pain with nothing on my bottom half and very little, very little dignity left and Jess has to put my pants on my naked body. That's right, she has to get down on her hands and knees, head right next to my sweaty vagina and put on my pants in front of the locker room. It was the weirdest thing in the world, but also, Jess, I love you so much.
We still talk about it to this day. Her tag partner Cassie, formerly known as Peyton Royce, they make fun of me for it because, I know -- You know what, that should have been the moment that I knew, okay Chelsea, it's time to wear underwear. Get a little G string or something under my gear. Something in case moments like, I don't know, that happen where I have to strip naked in front of an entire locker room and they all change me while I've got my v*g out. But look, I haven't changed. I still go commando. So, f**k it."
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look back at this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments.