Here's your fight size update for Monday, May 17, 2021:
- Speaking on the Out of Character podcast with Ryan Satin, Dolph Ziggler proclaimed that his current tag team partner, Robert Roode, very much shares the same work ethic that he does and declared that he was the Dolph Ziggler of former companies that he was in. Of course, Robert Roode spent the majority of his career in TNA wrestling and is even the longest reigning champion in TNA/IMPACT Wrestling history.
“I love talking about myself but for the time being, Robert Roode, holy cow, I feel like he was the me of other companies. Putting it all in his hands and knowing what to do in a pinch, going this is all changed now, you have 10 seconds.’ He is a true freaking Pro. Holy cow is he so good.”
Elsewhere on the podcast, Dolph Ziggler opened up about his relationship with Vince McMahon. Learn more here.
(Should you use any of the above quotes, please credit Fightful for the transcription by linking back to this article.)
- During the most recent WWE Icons special on WWE Network, Paul Heyman noted that Rob Van Dam would still be ECW TV Title until today if not for injuries and ECW going out of business.
“From growing up in a small town in North Carolina, where the population is a couple of thousand, to representing my country at the Greatest Royal Rumble in history in Saudi Arabia, where I outlasted 49 other WWE superstars to hold the title over my head, was an amazing feeling,” he said. “I never even imagined I’d be able to go to Saudi Arabia in my lifetime. I have the coolest job in the world. I’m living a fairy tale and every day it just gets better and better.”
- In getting ready for their virtual signings coming up later today, Erick Redbeard and Fred Rosser, formerly known as Darren Young, spoke with WrestleZone.
TONIGHT during the Double Virtual Signing I’ll have originally worn WWE Nexus gear for SALE from 7-10PM ET!— nodaysoff FRED ROSSER III (@realfredrosser) May 17, 2021
You can also order photos to get personalized to you and watch me sign them live! We will ship photos out following signing.
ORDER: https://t.co/NWsa7qrwoX #blockthehate pic.twitter.com/xTX11HG2Ug
- In a recent interview with Inside The Ropes, NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray recently stated that she would like to be in a WarGames match against The Four Horsewomen, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Bayley.
"I have been thinking about something recently though. I’ve gone through pretty much all the Horsewomen and I know I would love to wrestle every single one of them individually but when you look at the champions right now, I would be lying if I didn’t say my dream match right now wouldn’t be… The NXT UK Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray, we’ve got the NXT Women’s Champion in Raquel, we’ve got Bianca Belair, we’ve got Rhea. Let’s put the four of us against the Four Horsewomen! I think that would be amazing, and I’m probably stretching a bit here…but put us in WarGames, do whatever you like! Just let us go."
- The Saudi Arabian Ministry of Sports tweeted that they are returning to sporting events with fans. WWE has not performed in Saudi Arabia since February of 2020.
- The GoFundMe campaign to assist the family of New Jack following his death on Friday has already topped $11,000. All funds donated go towards funeral expenses and emergency needs.
- Tyson Fury and his son was backstage at the WrestleMania Backlash PPV last night:
- Discovery and WarnerMedia have announced that they are merging to create a new entity. Of course, Warner is the parent company of TNT, the home of AEW in America.
WWE officially announced the following content will be coming this week to Peacock/WWE Network:
This Week’s Schedule
** = available on the Free Version of WWE Network
Monday, May 17
10 classic episodes of Wrestling Challenge
Raw Talk** – 11:05 p.m. ET
Tuesday, May 18
The Best of WWE: Best of Rob Van Dam**
Wednesday, May 19
Monday Night Raw (4/19/21)**
WWE’s The Bump 100th Episode Celebration: Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre, Seth Rollins & Adam Cole** – 10 a.m. ET
WWE NXT (5/18/21)
Thursday, May 20
This Week in WWE
Friday, May 21
205 Live – 10 p.m. ET
Saturday, May 22
WWE Main Event (5/6/21)
ICW Fight Club 172
PROGRESS Chapter 111: One Leg in the Air
Sunday, May 23
Friday Night SmackDown (4/23/21)**
The Best of WWE: Best of Andre the Giant**
- Drew Gulak is pro-Zombie Lumberjack because they understand the assignment.
I would like to formally applaud the Hoard of Zombie Lumberjacks for properly obeying the rules of the match. They remained outside the ring for the duration of the bout and attempted to keep both competitors inside without showing favoritism. ----#WMBacklash #ArmyOfTheDead— Drew Gulak (@DrewGulak) May 17, 2021
- Today, WWE stock closed at $53.90 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.